"I like Phoenix because it's six hours from my house, so I get to go home and see family. I've raced on Phoenix growing up, and have even been out there just to watch a lot of races. So, for me, it's going back to a place that's close to home and familiar. Although it's a lot different from what it used to be. I really enjoyed the track before they changed it, and I've been a little more hit-or-miss with the new track. You've got to be really perfect with your set-up and hit your marks. We've got a new sponsor, Ferguson, with us this week, so we'll do our best to hit those marks and give them a good run."
JUST THE FACTS: Whitt has five Sprint Cup career starts at Phoenix International Raceway ... He has two top-25 finishes at the one-mile oval, including his last start in March ... Ferguson Enterprises, the largest distributor of commercial and residential plumbing supplies, and pipe, valves and fittings (PVF) in the United States, joins the the No. 35 team as primary sponsor for Sunday's race ... Bubba Blade joins the team as an associate sponsor.
Cole Whitt Front Row Motorsports Quicken Loans Race for Heroes 500 Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Tobias Dauenhauer becomes the first German to win a NASCAR race
- National Motorsports Appeals Panel Statement -- Mike Wallace
- Aric Almirola Racing Toward a Career ‘HighPoint’
- Daniel Suarez Toyota Driver Motivated To Post Solid Run for Team USA, Local Cancer Hero
- All American Speedway drivers close in on championships with round five on Saturday