"I raced at Phoenix once in the K&N Series before they repaved it. It was a lot of fun then, and it was a worn-out surface. When they repaved it, it became more of a one-groove track. From the recent tests there a few week ago, people are saying it's starting to get back like the old Phoenix. So, that's a good direction to go. But it is fun. It's challenging with two different corners. You have one sweeping corner and one really tight corner. And that brings shifting into the equation, and it makes restarts a handful. And then with the dogleg on the backstretch, it makes it even more wild and exciting."
JUST THE FACTS: Sunday's race will be Moffitt's second Sprint Cup start at Phoenix International Raceway... He finished 32nd in his first Cup start at the one-mile oval in March ... The Dockside Logistics colors return to the No. 34 Ford for Sunday's race.
Brett Moffitt Front Row Motorsports Quicken Loans Race for Heroes 500 Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Oak Ridge Boys to Headline Grand Ole Prix Show Sunday of the Big Machine Music City Grand Prix
- Big Machine Debuts Limited Edition Borchetta Bourbon Ahead of Music City Grand Prix
- Sponsorships Available for $30k to Win Freedom 76 at Grandview Speedway
- Ryan Timms From 11th Wins At 81-Speedway With The Lucas Oil American Sprint Car Series
- NWES and Tijey extend partnership, introduce new EuroNASCAR 2 trophy