"Texas is a really fast track, and it's very similar to Charlotte, in my opinion, the way it drives. So, we learned some things at Charlotte a few weeks ago that I think are going to really help us at Texas. I'm eager to get there with our Love's Travel Stops Ford to try it out. It's been one of my favorite race tracks since I've come to the Cup Series. It's got some character with the bump over the tunnel, and it's just a fun track and one of the fastest that we go to. It's also Love's home track, so of course we want to run well for them."
JUST THE FACTS: Gilliland has 18 Sprint Cup starts at Texas Motor Speedway ... He has one top-15 and two top-20 finishes at the 1.5-mile oval ... His best finish at the Fort Worth speedway is 15th (2008) ... Love's Travel Stops returns as primary sponsor of the No. 38 for the AAA Texas 500 ... Gilliland will meet fans and sign autographs at the Love's Travel Stops location at Highways 287 and 114 in Rhome, Texas, on Friday from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
David Gilliland Front Row Motorsports AAA Texas 500 Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- More Than $127,000 Raised for Local Nonprofits During NASCAR Race Weekend
- Western Midget Racing Returns to Ventura Raceway on Saturday Night
- Gus Dean; DLP Motorsports seek third straight Carolina Pro Late Model Series victory
- BATTLE STATIONS: Hall of Famer Brett Hearn eager for Orange County’s $10K Battle on the Midway 100
- Stephanie Moyer to make her Modified debut Saturday, July 31 at Mahoning Valley Speedway