"At Martinsville, how your day is going depends on your car. It's a small track. If you're struggling there, there's nowhere to hide. You could be trying to just get your car better and you've got guys beating on your left-rear corner and you're getting shoved into the second groove. That makes for a long day. But when your car's good and you're the guy that can shove people a little and get underneath them, then that's one of the most fun days you have."
JUST THE FACTS: Whitt has four Sprint Cup career starts at Martinsville Speedway ... His top finish at NASCAR's oldest track is 18th (2014) ... MDS Transport returns to the No. 35 as primary sponsor for Sunday's race.
Cole Whitt Front Row Motorsports Goody's Headache Relief Shot 500 Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Stafford Launches Lap Sponsors & Commemorative Poster for the 50th Running of NAPA Spring Sizzler; Full Race Purse Released
- Petty GMS Motorsports to Compete with Two Full-Time Teams in the NASCAR Cup Series
- Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course season passes and event tickets go on sale tomorrow for 2022 races
- Matt Scappini Goes From Snow to Asphalt to Win R.A.D. Auto Machine Limited Late Model Rookie of the Year Honors at Stafford
- Kris Wright to Complete the Niece Motorsports 2022 Driver Lineup