"At Martinsville, how your day is going depends on your car. It's a small track. If you're struggling there, there's nowhere to hide. You could be trying to just get your car better and you've got guys beating on your left-rear corner and you're getting shoved into the second groove. That makes for a long day. But when your car's good and you're the guy that can shove people a little and get underneath them, then that's one of the most fun days you have."
JUST THE FACTS: Whitt has four Sprint Cup career starts at Martinsville Speedway ... His top finish at NASCAR's oldest track is 18th (2014) ... MDS Transport returns to the No. 35 as primary sponsor for Sunday's race.
Cole Whitt Front Row Motorsports Goody's Headache Relief Shot 500 Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Ryan Reed to Compete for GMS Racing at Darlington Raceway
- GMS Racing Camping World Trucks Darlington Preview
- South Boston Speedway, An Industry Leader in Short Track Safety, Conducts Real-World Track Services Training Class
- Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway to Host Exciting Racing Action This Weekend
- 2022 Next Gen Mustang Poised to Help Drive NASCAR Cup Series into the Future with All-New Technology