"At Martinsville, how your day is going depends on your car. It's a small track. If you're struggling there, there's nowhere to hide. You could be trying to just get your car better and you've got guys beating on your left-rear corner and you're getting shoved into the second groove. That makes for a long day. But when your car's good and you're the guy that can shove people a little and get underneath them, then that's one of the most fun days you have."
JUST THE FACTS: Whitt has four Sprint Cup career starts at Martinsville Speedway ... His top finish at NASCAR's oldest track is 18th (2014) ... MDS Transport returns to the No. 35 as primary sponsor for Sunday's race.
Cole Whitt Front Row Motorsports Goody's Headache Relief Shot 500 Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Statement from NASCAR on Michael Jordan, Denny Hamlin and Bubba Wallace teaming up in 2021
- Statement from Bob Germain on the Future of Germain Racing
- Jordan and Hamlin Form New NASCAR Team
- Promoter sad to see Perris Auto Speedway oval nationals canceled
- Clint Bowyer Las Vegas Agenda Includes Winning Race, Curing Cancer