"We've got a new partner with us at Kansas. Rich Logistics, they're a trucking and logistics company, and they've got a location nearby in Kansas City. So, they'll be using the race as an appreciation event for their drivers and employees. We've got a new paint scheme that looks really sharp and it should be a cool weekend for everybody coming out to the track.
"The racing groove at Kansas has expanded really fast since they repaved it. I think the races have all been won on the top lately. It's almost become a rim-riding kind of a place, which is weird because at first after the repave you couldn't leave the yellow line. It's kind of weird to see a newly repaved track do that."
JUST THE FACTS: Whitt has four prior Sprint Cup starts at Kansas Speedway ... His top finish at the 1.5-mile oval is 23rd (2014) ... Rich Logistics makes its NASCAR debut as primary sponsor of the No. 35 at Kansas ... Whitt will be at the Ford Performance display at Kansas Speedway on Sunday at 10:15 a.m. for fan Q&A.
Cole Whitt Front Row Motorsports Hollywood Casino 400 Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Iconic broadcaster Bob Jenkins wins 2021 NMPA Myers Brothers Award
- Chase Elliott Wins Fourth Straight NMPA Most Popular Driver Award
- Hooters extends sponsorship of Chase Elliott for three more seasons External
- World Wide Technology Raceway owner and CEO Curtis Francois to receive Jack Buck Award on December 6
- Imsa Weathertech Championship on NBC Sports Produces Significant Viewership Gains for Third Consecutive Year