"I love Charlotte because it's home. I get to sleep in my bed, I get to hang out with my dogs, eat breakfast at home and then go to the racetrack. It's like racing in your backyard. And we want to run well in our backyard. It's our home court. We have Rinnai Tankless Water Heaters back for another race, so we want to run well for them, too. I love Charlotte Motor Speedway because it's home, but it's also a great mile-and-a-half. It races well, the tires wear out. It's a good track. "
JUST THE FACTS: Whitt has five Sprint Cup career starts at Charlotte Motor Speedway ... His best finish at the 1.5-mile oval is 27th (2014) ... Rinnai returns to the No. 35 Ford as primary sponsor for NASCAR's home race.
Cole Whitt Front Row Motorsports Bank of America 500 Race Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Watkins Glen Is Special To Daniel Suárez
- Jordan Anderson Racing NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Race Overview- Watkins Glen International
- Legendary Broadcaster, IMS Hall of Fame Member Page to Sign New Autobiography at Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum Friday, Aug. 13
- NASCAR at Watkins Glen and Indycar Music City Grand Prix in Nashville Highlight NBC Sports’ Motorsports Coverage This Weekend
- GMS Racing Statement - Chase Purdy