"When I think of Tony Stewart, unmatched passion and a pure love of the sport come to mind. He has won championships and millions of fans. But he has given back so much more, and that’s what I admire most. Today’s news was bittersweet for all, but we know Tony will continue to be a big part of our sport in his roles as a team and track owner. On behalf of the entire NASCAR family, I thank Tony for his many years of excellence and competitiveness, and wish him nothing but the best in his final season as a driver in the Sprint Cup Series."
Statement from Brian France, NASCAR Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, On Tony Stewart
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Dawson appreciated track time at South Boston Speedway
- National Motorsports Appeals Panel Statement
- PASS Will Return To Hickory In 2021 With Twin Easter Bunny 150s
- Big names, compact cars first to compete on road course inside Daytona International Speedway in 1960
- AM Racing welcomes new partner AIRBOX for inaugural Daytona Road Course event