"When I think of Tony Stewart, unmatched passion and a pure love of the sport come to mind. He has won championships and millions of fans. But he has given back so much more, and that’s what I admire most. Today’s news was bittersweet for all, but we know Tony will continue to be a big part of our sport in his roles as a team and track owner. On behalf of the entire NASCAR family, I thank Tony for his many years of excellence and competitiveness, and wish him nothing but the best in his final season as a driver in the Sprint Cup Series."
Statement from Brian France, NASCAR Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, On Tony Stewart
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Jordan Anderson’s ‘Race to Freedom II’ Chevrolet Locked and Loaded for Martinsville Speedway
- AJ Allmendinger and Nutrien Ag Solutions Team up for Martinsville Speedway
- Large Turnout Of Cars Anticipated For This Weekend's All American 400 Events
- Rudy Fugle named crew chief for William Byron and No. 24 Hendrick Motorsports team
- Panella, Moles, Parreira and Maulding win Turkey Bowl XX features on Saturday at Delta