"It's tough. Darlington is probably the most challenging racetrack I've ever raced on. But, it's fun. I talked to some of the guys that did the tire test down there, and they said there is a lot of fall-off and the track is aging, and it's getting back more to the old Darlington. It's tough in the driver's seat, too. The more challenging a track is, the more tense you are. And with the heat, it just builds on that. So, it can be a very physically demanding race.
"We've had some run-ins with the 'Lady in Black' before. But we're going with our Love's Travel Stops Ford this time. It has hearts on the paint scheme, so hopefully she'll like that and be nice to us."
JUST THE FACTS: Gilliland has eight Sprint Cup starts at Darlington Raceway ... His best finish at the 1.366-mile oval is 20th (2008) ... Love's Travel Stops returns as primary sponsor of the No. 38.
David Gilliland Front Row Motorsports Southern 500 Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Buckle Up In Your Truck 225 starting lineup at Kentucky Speedway
- Quaker State 400 starting lineup at Kentucky Speedway
- Shady Rays 200 starting lineup at Kentucky Speedway
- Jim Raper Memorial Dirt Cup and Fred Brownfield Classic Postponed To 2021
- NASCAR National Series News & Notes - Kentucky Speedway