"I've never been to Darlington -- never seen the place -- but I'm kind of excited about it. It's seems like a really cool racetrack and I think it will be a lot of fun. You run right up by the fence there. That's where the most speed is. So, I'm looking forward to it, even though I don't know really what to expect. But it should be fun."
JUST THE FACTS: Sunday's Southern 500 will be Moffitt's first appearance in his racing career at Darlington Raceway ... Moffitt earned the Sunoco Rookie of the Race award at Bristol Motor Speedway Aug. 22 and now leads the Rookie of the Year campaign by nine points ... The Dockside Logistics colors return to the No. 34 Ford for the Labor Day weekend race.
Brett Moffitt Front Row Motorsports Southern 500 Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Factors to Consider When Choosing a VPN to Watch NASCAR
- NWES Season to culminate with historical Super Speedweek at Valencia
- After frustrating 2020 season Phillips is looking forward to 2021 season at South Boston Speedway
- Dale Earnhardt Jr, Steve Kinser to be Inducted into the National Motorsports Press Association Hall of Fame Class of 2021
- Eldora Speedway Will Host TWO Kings Royals Paying $175,000-To-Win In 2021