"The Bristol Night Race is probably my favorite race of the year. It's different when you race under the lights. I think the energy level is up a little bit and it's more exciting. It's a tough racetrack, though. It's physically demanding and you have to be on it for 500 laps. We were fairly happy with our car in the spring, so we will build on that when we go back with our CashCash Ford and see what we've got when they turn the lights on.
"It's always neat to bring a new sponsor into the sport. We're glad to have CashCash with us for this weekend. They definitely picked a good one on the schedule, and hopefully we'll be able to get some race fans to check out CashCash.com as a result."
JUST THE FACTS: Gilliland has 18 Sprint Cup starts at Bristol Motor Speedway ... He has one top-10 finish and three top-20 finishes at the .533-mile oval ... His best finish is ninth (2008) ... Short-term lender CashCash joins the No. 38 team as primary sponsor for the Irwin Tools Night Race.
David Gilliland Front Row Motorsports Irwin Tools Night Race Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- A Decade of Great Moments: NASCAR’s Top Series Wrote History on the Daytona Beach-Road Course from 1949-58 Before Moving to Superspeedway
- All-Electric Mustang Mach-E 1400 to Star in this Weekend’s NASCAR Cup Series Broadcast
- North Texas native Iwuji set for Xfinity Series debut
- Racing with Fans is Back this Saturday in Nashville First Responder Appreciation Night – 100 Lap Pro Late Model Race August 8th
- Sold-Out Avett Brothers Show to be Streamed Live on Pay-Per-View