"The Bristol Night Race is probably my favorite race of the year. It's different when you race under the lights. I think the energy level is up a little bit and it's more exciting. It's a tough racetrack, though. It's physically demanding and you have to be on it for 500 laps. We were fairly happy with our car in the spring, so we will build on that when we go back with our CashCash Ford and see what we've got when they turn the lights on.
"It's always neat to bring a new sponsor into the sport. We're glad to have CashCash with us for this weekend. They definitely picked a good one on the schedule, and hopefully we'll be able to get some race fans to check out CashCash.com as a result."
JUST THE FACTS: Gilliland has 18 Sprint Cup starts at Bristol Motor Speedway ... He has one top-10 finish and three top-20 finishes at the .533-mile oval ... His best finish is ninth (2008) ... Short-term lender CashCash joins the No. 38 team as primary sponsor for the Irwin Tools Night Race.
David Gilliland Front Row Motorsports Irwin Tools Night Race Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- CircleBDiecast.com Partners with Brett Moffitt, Niece Motorsports at Daytona and Talladega
- 2021 SCHEDULE: Summer Nationals, Summit Modifieds Race 30 Dates over Eight Weeks
- The NASCAR Foundation Announces New Members to Board of Directors
- 2021 NASCAR Championship Weekend Tickets On Sale Tomorrow
- Telford going Southwest Tour Racing with Garcia Racing