"I do like the night race a little bit better at Bristol. Plus, going back the second time you have a little bit more confidence after having run it once already earlier in the season. But I do like racing under the lights. It reminds me of old-fashioned, Saturday night short-track racing. It's just a lot longer. We're looking forward to running our Speed Stick Ford Saturday night.
"I think Bristol has been mad at me the last couple times we've gone there. We haven't had good luck. But I've had a couple good runs going there, too. The biggest thing is that it's so hard to pass there now that the groove's moved up to the top lane. Even if you push someone out of your way, they just slide up to the wall and it just checks up the whole lane. And you've got to be able to clear them, and then hopefully they're not made enough to wreck you when you go by."
JUST THE FACTS: Whitt has three prior Sprint Cup starts at Bristol Motor Speedway ... His best Bristol finish is 27th (April 2015) ... Speed Stick returns as primary sponsor of the No. 35 Ford ... Fans can meet Whitt on Saturday at 1 p.m. at Dollar General at 179 Edgefield Road in Piney Flats.
Cole Whitt Front Row Motorsports Irwin Tools Night Race Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Contender Boats 250 results from Homestead Miami Speedway
- Hoosier Racing Tire Weekly Championship Keeps Expanded $45,000 Purse
- Berneice Baltes August 29, 1927 – February 24, 2021
- Kyle Strickler Ready to Settle Points Battle in Xtreme Finale at Modoc
- Hamlin Looking for Record Fourth NASCAR Cup Series Victory at Homestead-Miami Speedway in Sunday’s Dixie Vodka 400