Aric Almirola is under the weather today with what the team hopes is a 24-hour virus. In an effort to allow Almirola to rest and recover, two-time NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Champion Matt Crafton has been tapped to practice the No. 43 Armour Ford today at Michigan International Speedway. The plan is for Almirola to make limited laps in practice in order to qualify the car today and retain his starting spot in Sunday's race. Updates will be distributed as more information is available.
Aric Almirola Under the Weather
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Dale Earnhardt Jr, Steve Kinser to be Inducted into the National Motorsports Press Association Hall of Fame Class of 2021
- Eldora Speedway Will Host TWO Kings Royals Paying $175,000-To-Win In 2021
- Hendrick Motorsports saddened by tragic loss of Rowdy Harrell
- The Tradition Continues: ARCA Menards Series Returns to Talladega Superspeedway on Saturday, April 24, 2021 for Historic 59th Time
- Raphael Lessard Signs with GMS Racing Seeking Full-Time Effort