"I don't think anybody's going to be able to take much of what they learned in the spring Michigan race and apply it to this race. There's a different rules package we're going to be dealing with. So, I'm kind of anxious to get out there and see how it is. Based on Indy, we had our challenges, but we learned a lot there and that hopefully can transfer over to Michigan. And normally you don't say you're going to take something from Indy and apply it to Michigan. But with this package, we're definitely going to be taking stuff away from Indy."
JUST THE FACTS: Gilliland has 18 Sprint Cup starts at Michigan International Speedway ... His best Michigan finish is 17th (2007) ... MDS returns to the No. 38 team as primary sponsor for the race weekend.
David Gilliland Front Row Motorsports Pure Michigan 400 Race Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Telford finalizes 2021 schedule to include summer of racing at Slinger Speedway
- Rueschenbern opens 2021 chase for the Now600 Championship this weekend in Meeker OK
- "Journey of the Fan" Experience Takes Guests through Safety Protocols Ahead of Pennzoil 400 Presented by Jiffy Lube Race Weekend
- Jeff Foxworthy to bring the laughs to AMS pre-race March 21
- ESI Equipment Inc., Holmatro Rescue Tools Partnering With South Boston Speedway In 2021