"I don't think anybody's going to be able to take much of what they learned in the spring Michigan race and apply it to this race. There's a different rules package we're going to be dealing with. So, I'm kind of anxious to get out there and see how it is. Based on Indy, we had our challenges, but we learned a lot there and that hopefully can transfer over to Michigan. And normally you don't say you're going to take something from Indy and apply it to Michigan. But with this package, we're definitely going to be taking stuff away from Indy."
JUST THE FACTS: Gilliland has 18 Sprint Cup starts at Michigan International Speedway ... His best Michigan finish is 17th (2007) ... MDS returns to the No. 38 team as primary sponsor for the race weekend.
David Gilliland Front Row Motorsports Pure Michigan 400 Race Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Ewing & Diveley Among Top Lincoln Speedway Winners Friday
- Alsco 300 results from Kentucky Speedway
- Official commemorative digital program for prestigious NASCAR All-Star race available for free download to NASCAR nation
- '5 Things To Look For' Heading Into The REV Group Grand Prix Doubleheader
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum Receives Restored Bodywork for Dan Gurney’s 1963 Lotus 29/1; See the Gleaming, Living History at the Museum from July 13-19