"I just hope it's not too hot. That package -- without being able to let the air out the back of the cars -- was like being in a slow cooker for three or four hours. That's my biggest concern. But I actually liked that package at Indy as far as the way it raced. If it wasn't quite so hot, it would probably be my favorite package. I don't remember getting to a car and not being able to do anything with it.
"At the same time, Indy and Michigan are totally different. At Indy, you're on straightaways for three-quarters of your lap and in a corner for a quarter of it. At Michigan, you're probably going to be in a corner for over half your lap. So, the aero sensitivity of what our cars do behind people is going to be really noticeable in those corners. You're going to definitely see people moving around."
JUST THE FACTS: Whitt has three Sprint Cup career starts at Michigan International Speedway ... His best finish at the two-mile oval is 25th (2014) ... Dockside Logistics returns as primary sponsor of the No. 35 Ford ... Speed Stick and Rinnai join the team as associate sponsors.
Cole Whitt Front Row Motorsports Pure Michigan 400 Race Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Hendrick Motorsports saddened by tragic loss of Rowdy Harrell
- The Tradition Continues: ARCA Menards Series Returns to Talladega Superspeedway on Saturday, April 24, 2021 for Historic 59th Time
- Raphael Lessard Signs with GMS Racing Seeking Full-Time Effort
- MLB, NASCAR, And NHRA Sign On To Partner With Marcus Lemonis' Plating Change Program In Support Of Local Restaurants And People In Need
- Gift of Lights returns to TMS with already COVID-19 friendly drive-thru experience