"Watkins Glen has got a lot more speed than Sonoma does, and it's challenging in its own ways. But it's fun and we're looking forward to it. We lost our primary road course car at Sonoma, so we've been working hard to get another car ready, and it's coming out really good. So, I'm eager to get our new Love's Travel Stops Ford on track and try it out."
JUST THE FACTS: Gilliland has seven Sprint Cup starts at Watkins Glen International ... He has one top-20 finish at the 2.5-mile road course ... His best finish at The Glen is 20th (2012) ... Love's Travel Stops returns as primary sponsor of the No. 38 Ford.
David Gilliland Front Row Motorsports Cheez-It 355 at The Glen Race Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- With 75 years of history, Richmond Raceway is ready to greet fans once again
- Tony Stewart Scores $12,000 Thursday Night Thunder Victory with Last Corner Pass at Virginia Motor Speedway, Daniel Parker Takes Sri Dirt Cup Challenge Ump Modified Win
- NASCAR Hall of Fame Adds 1992 Alan Kulwicki Championship Car to its Collection
- Young’s Motorsports Richmond Raceway Team Preview
- Five-Time Track Champion Brian Brown to Pilot No. 51 Casey’s General Stores/Rowdy Energy Tundra at Knoxville