"I'm really excited to go racing again in the Cup car. I've had some success on road courses last year, and I think Watkins Glen was a good track for us. I didn't get to do Sonoma earlier this year, but I feel like we can get back into it at Watkins Glen and have a good day. I'm not a road course specialist by any means, but I really enjoy it. And each time we go out, we learn a lot, have a lot of fun and seem to do pretty decent at the same time.
"It's been a couple months since I've worked with the 34 team, but I think we'll get right back into a rhythm. I know they've been working hard on the Bully Hill Vineyards car, and I I think we'll be up to speed pretty quick."
JUST THE FACTS: Sunday's race will be Buescher's first Sprint Cup start at Watkins Glen International ... The race will be the 22-year-old's sixth race with Front Row Motorsports ... Buescher has one XFINITY Series starts at the New York Finger Lakes road course ... Bully Hill Vineyards joins the No. 34 Ford for the first time as primary sponsor.
Chris Buescher Front Row Motorsports Cheez-It 355 at The Glen Race Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Tobias Dauenhauer takes the championship lead while Vittorio Ghirelli suffers setback
- Amy Walsh Stock honored with NMPA Ken Patterson Helping Others Award
- Alon Day and Tobias Dauenhauer snatch pole for EuroNASCAR Final 1 at Circuit Ricardo Tormo
- Alon Day breaks the all-time win record and expands his championship lead
- New Bristol Dirt Nationals event added to prep Bristol Motor Speedway's dirt track