"Growing up, watching my dad race, they didn't race at Indy yet. But I was there for the inaugural Cup race. My dad went and helped somebody who was racing there, and I got to go watch. So, that was special. Something I'll never forget. And so it's always exciting now to go and race at the Brickyard.
"We have a special partner at Indy. The FFA is going to be on our No. 38 Ford Fusion. It's the first time in their 87-year history that they'll be on a race car, so we're really proud to be the ones to have them. They're based locally in Indianapolis, so we're going to have a bunch of the students at the track, honoring them for their service. It's going to be a really special weekend."
JUST THE FACTS: Gilliland has seven Sprint Cup starts at Indianapolis Motor Speedway ... He has two top-20 finishes at the 2.5-mile oval ... His best finish is 17th (2007) ... In addition to serving as primary sponsor on the No. 34 Ford, CSX has donated a primary sponsorship on the No. 38 Ford to the FFA, marking the first time the 87-year-old youth service organization will adorn a Sprint Cup car.
David Gilliland Front Row Motorsports Brickyard 400 Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- The Tradition Continues: ARCA Menards Series Returns to Talladega Superspeedway on Saturday, April 24, 2021 for Historic 59th Time
- Raphael Lessard Signs with GMS Racing Seeking Full-Time Effort
- MLB, NASCAR, And NHRA Sign On To Partner With Marcus Lemonis' Plating Change Program In Support Of Local Restaurants And People In Need
- Gift of Lights returns to TMS with already COVID-19 friendly drive-thru experience
- Newman Featured in MotorTrend Season Documentary