"Growing up, watching my dad race, they didn't race at Indy yet. But I was there for the inaugural Cup race. My dad went and helped somebody who was racing there, and I got to go watch. So, that was special. Something I'll never forget. And so it's always exciting now to go and race at the Brickyard.
"We have a special partner at Indy. The FFA is going to be on our No. 38 Ford Fusion. It's the first time in their 87-year history that they'll be on a race car, so we're really proud to be the ones to have them. They're based locally in Indianapolis, so we're going to have a bunch of the students at the track, honoring them for their service. It's going to be a really special weekend."
JUST THE FACTS: Gilliland has seven Sprint Cup starts at Indianapolis Motor Speedway ... He has two top-20 finishes at the 2.5-mile oval ... His best finish is 17th (2007) ... In addition to serving as primary sponsor on the No. 34 Ford, CSX has donated a primary sponsorship on the No. 38 Ford to the FFA, marking the first time the 87-year-old youth service organization will adorn a Sprint Cup car.
David Gilliland Front Row Motorsports Brickyard 400 Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Kansas Lottery 300 results from Kansas Speedway
- RIDLEY’S ROAD: New York Sportsman Ace Set for Big Stage at the Drydene World Short Track Championship
- Flowdynamics Sprint Car Team Back in Action Saturday at Perris Auto Speedway
- E. Schneider & Sons Scrap Metal to sponsor Modified Bonus Back Draw for Mahoning Valley Speedway Fall Brawl
- Impressive Contingencies, Big Names Expected for Drydene World Short Track Championship