"I got a little experience at Indy last year. It's a really cool racetrack. Just with the heritage and the history behind it, it's really neat to be out there. As a driver, it's tough, though. It's narrow. The first time there last year, going into Turn 1, I was a little bit nervous. I'm not going to lie. Going in there, turning the wheel before you ever lift into a 90-degree corner, it was a little sketchy. But that's part of what makes it a fun track.
"This is going to be a big weekend with our partner CSX. We've got their paint scheme on the car for the race weekend, and we're going to have a special visit with the employees at a CSX rail yard while we're in town. We're also hosting a pretty big group of FFA members at the race on Sunday, so we're really looking forward to the whole weekend."
JUST THE FACTS: Sunday's race will be Moffitt's first Sprint Cup start at Indianapolis Motor Speedway ... Moffitt earned his second straight Sunoco Rookie of the Race award last week at New Hampshire Motor Speedway ... The CSX colors return to the No. 34 Ford for the Brickyard race, promoting the "Play It Safe" railroad safety message.
Brett Moffitt Front Row Motorsports Brickyard 400 Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Tobias Dauenhauer becomes the first German to win a NASCAR race
- National Motorsports Appeals Panel Statement -- Mike Wallace
- Aric Almirola Racing Toward a Career ‘HighPoint’
- Daniel Suarez Toyota Driver Motivated To Post Solid Run for Team USA, Local Cancer Hero
- All American Speedway drivers close in on championships with round five on Saturday