NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Casey Mears has been with Germain Racing since 2010. Today, the team announces Mears will continue to wheel the No. 13 GEICO Chevrolet SS in 2016.
"I'm really happy to announce that Casey Mears is back in the No. 13 GEICO Chevrolet SS next year. He's been an integral part of the team's growth and success over the past 5 years and I am confident he can continue to help us move forward and reach our goals. We've come a long way as a team, and assembled a group of extremely talented people who enjoy working together. As the team owner, that's really the thing I'm most proud of. And, of course, the long term support of GEICO has given us the stability we needed to make it all happen," said team owner Bob Germain, Jr.
Together with Germain Racing, Mears has become known as a restrictor-plate specialist of sorts, including logging a four-race top-ten finish streak at Daytona International Speedway, a feat not commonly experienced by fellow Sprint Cup competitors.
"It's really exciting to drive the No. 13 GEICO Chevrolet SS again in 2016. I think that it's been a long time in the making here at Germain Racing, being competitive at the Cup level. It's been a long process to get the GEICO program to where we are now. We are finally starting to see some of the benefits from all the hard work from the last four or five years. I'm very excited to carry on the GEICO relationship and to be a part of Germain Racing's continued growth," said driver Casey Mears.
Germain Racing PR
Germain Racing extends contract with Casey Mears into 2016
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Iconic broadcaster Bob Jenkins wins 2021 NMPA Myers Brothers Award
- Chase Elliott Wins Fourth Straight NMPA Most Popular Driver Award
- Hooters extends sponsorship of Chase Elliott for three more seasons External
- World Wide Technology Raceway owner and CEO Curtis Francois to receive Jack Buck Award on December 6
- Imsa Weathertech Championship on NBC Sports Produces Significant Viewership Gains for Third Consecutive Year