NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Casey Mears has been with Germain Racing since 2010. Today, the team announces Mears will continue to wheel the No. 13 GEICO Chevrolet SS in 2016.
"I'm really happy to announce that Casey Mears is back in the No. 13 GEICO Chevrolet SS next year. He's been an integral part of the team's growth and success over the past 5 years and I am confident he can continue to help us move forward and reach our goals. We've come a long way as a team, and assembled a group of extremely talented people who enjoy working together. As the team owner, that's really the thing I'm most proud of. And, of course, the long term support of GEICO has given us the stability we needed to make it all happen," said team owner Bob Germain, Jr.
Together with Germain Racing, Mears has become known as a restrictor-plate specialist of sorts, including logging a four-race top-ten finish streak at Daytona International Speedway, a feat not commonly experienced by fellow Sprint Cup competitors.
"It's really exciting to drive the No. 13 GEICO Chevrolet SS again in 2016. I think that it's been a long time in the making here at Germain Racing, being competitive at the Cup level. It's been a long process to get the GEICO program to where we are now. We are finally starting to see some of the benefits from all the hard work from the last four or five years. I'm very excited to carry on the GEICO relationship and to be a part of Germain Racing's continued growth," said driver Casey Mears.
Germain Racing PR
Germain Racing extends contract with Casey Mears into 2016
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- With 75 years of history, Richmond Raceway is ready to greet fans once again
- Tony Stewart Scores $12,000 Thursday Night Thunder Victory with Last Corner Pass at Virginia Motor Speedway, Daniel Parker Takes Sri Dirt Cup Challenge Ump Modified Win
- NASCAR Hall of Fame Adds 1992 Alan Kulwicki Championship Car to its Collection
- Young’s Motorsports Richmond Raceway Team Preview
- Five-Time Track Champion Brian Brown to Pilot No. 51 Casey’s General Stores/Rowdy Energy Tundra at Knoxville