"Kentucky is definitely unique. It's multiple times rougher than any other race track we go to. So, that makes it its own animal. But I'm anxious to get out there with our Love's Travel Stops team and see how the new rules package plays out there. I think, directionally, this package is how a lot of the drivers wanted to go. We want to put on better races for the fans and have more options as drivers in the racecar. Hopefully we'll see more passing and better racing.
"Kentucky will always be a special place for me and my family. That (2006 XFINITY Series) win obviously played a big role in getting me where I am today, and I'm thankful for all the moments and all the people along the way. Now that we go there every year for Cup, it brings back great memories every time."
JUST THE FACTS: Gilliland has four Sprint Cup starts at Kentucky Speedway ... His best finish is 28th (2012 and 2013) ... Gilliland has a victory at Kentucky in the NASCAR XFINITY Series, an upset win in 2006 that propelled him to the Cup series ... Love's Travel Stops returns as primary sponsor of the No. 38 at the 1.5-mile tri-oval ... Gilliland will sign autographs at the Professional Bull Riders display in the Fan Zone Saturday at 4 p.m. with bull rider Douglas Duncan.
David Gilliland Front Row Motorsports Quaker State 400 Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Dale Earnhardt Jr, Steve Kinser to be Inducted into the National Motorsports Press Association Hall of Fame Class of 2021
- Eldora Speedway Will Host TWO Kings Royals Paying $175,000-To-Win In 2021
- Hendrick Motorsports saddened by tragic loss of Rowdy Harrell
- The Tradition Continues: ARCA Menards Series Returns to Talladega Superspeedway on Saturday, April 24, 2021 for Historic 59th Time
- Raphael Lessard Signs with GMS Racing Seeking Full-Time Effort