"This will be my first Sprint Cup start at Kentucky. I tested a Cup car there earlier this year, but not with the rules package that we'll be taking this week. So I'm glad we'll have some extra hours on the track Wednesday to shake things out. The bumps are always challenging at Kentucky, so that will obviously be something that we'll focus on.
"It might be a good thing to get back to intermediate track racing after my first superspeedway race Sunday. Daytona was exciting and wild, but you really do have to depend on other drivers working with you. You really don't control your own destiny."
JUST THE FACTS: Saturday's Quaker State 400 will be Moffitt's first Sprint Cup start at Kentucky Speedway ... He has one Camping World Truck Series start at the 1.5-mile tri-oval, a 14th-place finish in 2013 ... The Dockside Logistics colors return to the No. 34 Ford for the Kentucky race.
Brett Moffitt Front Row Motorsports Quaker State 400 Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Tobias Dauenhauer becomes the first German to win a NASCAR race
- National Motorsports Appeals Panel Statement -- Mike Wallace
- Aric Almirola Racing Toward a Career ‘HighPoint’
- Daniel Suarez Toyota Driver Motivated To Post Solid Run for Team USA, Local Cancer Hero
- All American Speedway drivers close in on championships with round five on Saturday