"I've been really eager to get back to Daytona. We always run well there, and we started from the pole at this race last year, so we know it's always a good opportunity for us. We've got the Florida Lottery on board with us for this race. So, a different look for our Ford Fusion, but we know it will be just as fast a car as the guys always put together for us. Daytona and Talladega are tracks that we excel at, so it's a big race for us.
"This is a great race weekend every year. I've always been at the racetrack on Fourth of July weekend my whole life, either racing with my dad or watching him race. I think 99 percent of my July Fourths have been spent at the racetrack. And I wouldn't want it any other way."
JUST THE FACTS: Gilliland has 14 Sprint Cup starts at Daytona International Speedway ... His best Datyona finish is third (2011) ... Gilliland has two poles at the Daytona Beach superspeedway, including the pole award for last year's Coke Zero 400 ... The Florida Lottery joins the No. 38 team as primary sponsor for the holiday weekend ... Gilliland will be at the Florida Lottery display in the Midway Fan Zone on Saturday from 3 to 3:30 p.m. and Sunday from 4:15 to 4:45 p.m., and at the Florida Lottery display in the Infield Fan Zone on Sunday from 3 to 3:30 p.m.
David Gilliland Front Row Motorsports Coke Zero 400 Race Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Igloo Releases New Nascar-Licensed Playmate Coolers for Throwback Weekend at Darlington Raceway
- 2021 Goodyear 400 NASCAR Throwback Weekend paint schemes at Darlington Raceway
- Event Format Revealed for Six-Race Short-Track Series Debuting June 12 on CBS
- Grand Ole Opry Partners With Big Machine Music City Grand Prix for Opry Performance Including Country Superstar Alan Jackson
- Not Only Motorsport expands to three cars in its second EuroNASCAR season