"I've been really eager to get back to Daytona. We always run well there, and we started from the pole at this race last year, so we know it's always a good opportunity for us. We've got the Florida Lottery on board with us for this race. So, a different look for our Ford Fusion, but we know it will be just as fast a car as the guys always put together for us. Daytona and Talladega are tracks that we excel at, so it's a big race for us.
"This is a great race weekend every year. I've always been at the racetrack on Fourth of July weekend my whole life, either racing with my dad or watching him race. I think 99 percent of my July Fourths have been spent at the racetrack. And I wouldn't want it any other way."
JUST THE FACTS: Gilliland has 14 Sprint Cup starts at Daytona International Speedway ... His best Datyona finish is third (2011) ... Gilliland has two poles at the Daytona Beach superspeedway, including the pole award for last year's Coke Zero 400 ... The Florida Lottery joins the No. 38 team as primary sponsor for the holiday weekend ... Gilliland will be at the Florida Lottery display in the Midway Fan Zone on Saturday from 3 to 3:30 p.m. and Sunday from 4:15 to 4:45 p.m., and at the Florida Lottery display in the Infield Fan Zone on Sunday from 3 to 3:30 p.m.
David Gilliland Front Row Motorsports Coke Zero 400 Race Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- The Tradition Continues: ARCA Menards Series Returns to Talladega Superspeedway on Saturday, April 24, 2021 for Historic 59th Time
- Raphael Lessard Signs with GMS Racing Seeking Full-Time Effort
- MLB, NASCAR, And NHRA Sign On To Partner With Marcus Lemonis' Plating Change Program In Support Of Local Restaurants And People In Need
- Gift of Lights returns to TMS with already COVID-19 friendly drive-thru experience
- Newman Featured in MotorTrend Season Documentary