"Night racing is always fun, and it usually gives you a little more grip. It gives you a little more security and keeps you a little bit fresher as a driver. And when you're racing 200 miles an hour, inches apart, you need to be on your game for sure. The guys have worked hard to bring a fast Speed Stick Ford to the track this week. We're looking forward to running up front like we know we can. I think we proved in February in Daytona that we can run with the best of them.
"It's going to be cool to go to Daytona and see all the changes happening with the track. A lot of other sports are building new stadiums with all kind of amenities. These racetracks are our stadiums. So it's great to see they're putting all this work into updating the facility for the fans."
JUST THE FACTS: Whitt has three Sprint Cup career starts at Daytona International Speedway ... His best finish is 17th (2014) ... Speed Stick returns as primary sponsor of the No. 35 Ford ... Whitt will make appearances at the Daytona Beach Hooters on Saturday from 12:30 to 1 p.m. and Sunday from 1:30 to 2 p.m.
Cole Whitt Front Row Motorsports Coke Zero 400 Race Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Jason Kitzmiller eyes back-to-back top-10s at Talladega Superspeedway
- New Tracks Join DIRTcar for 2021, Regions Updated
- $129,300 in Weekly Racing Bonus Awards Posted for 2021 Season at Stafford Speedway
- Five Things To Watch at Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg
- Ford Looks to Continue Hot Streak at Talladega with 10th Win in Last Dozen Races; Mustang Mach-E All-Electric SUV to Serve as Pace Vehicle for GEICO 500