"We've done well at Sonoma, and it's one of my favorite racetracks. I've won a lot of races there in other series. I got my top finish of second in the Cup series there, so I'm definitely looking forward to racing there. Road racing is something I really enjoy doing. Sonoma is a fun, technical racetrack. And it's a place where we can definitely bring home a good finish for Love's Travel Stops. My wife and I are going to go out to California early and having a little mini vacation before the race, so we're looking forward to that, too."
JUST THE FACTS: Gilliland has nine Sprint Cup starts at Sonoma Raceway ... The 10-turn, 1.99-mile road course is the site of his best Cup career finish -- a second-place result in 2008 ... The California native also has two wins in the K&N Pro Series West and one win in the NASCAR Southwest Series at Sonoma ... Love's Travel Stops returns as primary sponsor of the No. 38 for Sunday's race.
David Gilliland Front Row Motorsports Toyota/SaveMart 350 Race Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Factors to Consider When Choosing a VPN to Watch NASCAR
- NWES Season to culminate with historical Super Speedweek at Valencia
- After frustrating 2020 season Phillips is looking forward to 2021 season at South Boston Speedway
- Dale Earnhardt Jr, Steve Kinser to be Inducted into the National Motorsports Press Association Hall of Fame Class of 2021
- Eldora Speedway Will Host TWO Kings Royals Paying $175,000-To-Win In 2021