"We've done well at Sonoma, and it's one of my favorite racetracks. I've won a lot of races there in other series. I got my top finish of second in the Cup series there, so I'm definitely looking forward to racing there. Road racing is something I really enjoy doing. Sonoma is a fun, technical racetrack. And it's a place where we can definitely bring home a good finish for Love's Travel Stops. My wife and I are going to go out to California early and having a little mini vacation before the race, so we're looking forward to that, too."
JUST THE FACTS: Gilliland has nine Sprint Cup starts at Sonoma Raceway ... The 10-turn, 1.99-mile road course is the site of his best Cup career finish -- a second-place result in 2008 ... The California native also has two wins in the K&N Pro Series West and one win in the NASCAR Southwest Series at Sonoma ... Love's Travel Stops returns as primary sponsor of the No. 38 for Sunday's race.
David Gilliland Front Row Motorsports Toyota/SaveMart 350 Race Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- ‘#SUNNYDouble’ To Give Fans Two Weeks of SunnyDynamic Action During Vegas and Dega
- OneNation Coffee Joins Go Fas Racing, LaJoie for Charlotte Roval
- NASCAR National Series News & Notes - Las Vegas Motor Speedway-2
- Jeremy Clements Racing to part ways with Repairables.com
- Kris Wright takes ARCA learning curve to Memphis