"Sonoma is still pretty new to me. I've only raced there once. I've been to Watkins Glen a handful of times, so I'm a little more comfortable on that one. But, I definitely got more and more comfortable and faster as the weekend went on last year at Sonoma. I love the road courses and I think they're a great equalizer for smaller teams like ours. It takes a lot of the aero side out of it. It just depends on how good of a car you can put together and how good the driver can hit his marks, be smooth and put a good race together. We'll have a new sponsor with us at Sonoma -- Uponor -- so I'm excited to go back there and see if I can improve from where I was last year."
JUST THE FACTS: Whitt has one prior Sprint Cup career start at Sonoma Raceway, finishing 27th last season ... Uponor joins the No. 35 team as primary sponsor for the road course race ... Uponor is an award-winning provider of plumbing, fire safety, radiant heating/cooling, hydronic piping and pre-insulated piping systems for residential and commercial applications.
Cole Whitt Front Row Motorsports Toyota/SaveMart 350 Race Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- DJ Netto earns second Ocean Sprints win of 2020 on Friday in Watsonville
- Kevin Hirthler wins Freedom 38 sportsman race at Grandview, record field of entries
- Will Krup Wins Hope for Harlie Night 1 at Cedar Ridge Speedway
- Mark Smith Untouchable On Night 2 Of The Hockett/McMillin Memorial
- Chase Briscoe Wins at Bristol