"Sonoma is still pretty new to me. I've only raced there once. I've been to Watkins Glen a handful of times, so I'm a little more comfortable on that one. But, I definitely got more and more comfortable and faster as the weekend went on last year at Sonoma. I love the road courses and I think they're a great equalizer for smaller teams like ours. It takes a lot of the aero side out of it. It just depends on how good of a car you can put together and how good the driver can hit his marks, be smooth and put a good race together. We'll have a new sponsor with us at Sonoma -- Uponor -- so I'm excited to go back there and see if I can improve from where I was last year."
JUST THE FACTS: Whitt has one prior Sprint Cup career start at Sonoma Raceway, finishing 27th last season ... Uponor joins the No. 35 team as primary sponsor for the road course race ... Uponor is an award-winning provider of plumbing, fire safety, radiant heating/cooling, hydronic piping and pre-insulated piping systems for residential and commercial applications.
Cole Whitt Front Row Motorsports Toyota/SaveMart 350 Race Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- The Tradition Continues: ARCA Menards Series Returns to Talladega Superspeedway on Saturday, April 24, 2021 for Historic 59th Time
- Raphael Lessard Signs with GMS Racing Seeking Full-Time Effort
- MLB, NASCAR, And NHRA Sign On To Partner With Marcus Lemonis' Plating Change Program In Support Of Local Restaurants And People In Need
- Gift of Lights returns to TMS with already COVID-19 friendly drive-thru experience
- Newman Featured in MotorTrend Season Documentary