"Michigan is incredibly fast. It's the fastest track that we go to as far as intermediate tracks in terms of top speeds and average speeds. And with this tapered spacer, I'm anxious to go there and see if speeds are going to be up. And the groove seems to be widening out, which is a good thing. It should help with passing. So, we're looking forward to going there with our Love's Travel Stops Ford."
JUST THE FACTS: Gilliland has 17 Sprint Cup starts at Michigan International Speedway ... He has two top-20 finishes at the two-mile oval ... His best finish is 17th (2007) ... Love's Travel Stops returns as primary sponsor of the No. 38.
David Gilliland Front Row Motorsports Quicken Loans 400 Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- FRM Las Vegas Preview: Gilliland Comes 'Home', Alfredo Has Updated Speedy Cash Look and McDowell Joins Ford Performance Media Teleconference
- NASCAR National Series News & Notes - Las Vegas Motor Speedway
- All LVMS races sold out this weekend
- Texas Based Trophy Tractor, RWR Team Up to Raise Money for Texas in Vegas
- Darlington Raceway Recognized with Resolution by South Carolina General Assembly