"Michigan is incredibly fast. It's the fastest track that we go to as far as intermediate tracks in terms of top speeds and average speeds. And with this tapered spacer, I'm anxious to go there and see if speeds are going to be up. And the groove seems to be widening out, which is a good thing. It should help with passing. So, we're looking forward to going there with our Love's Travel Stops Ford."
JUST THE FACTS: Gilliland has 17 Sprint Cup starts at Michigan International Speedway ... He has two top-20 finishes at the two-mile oval ... His best finish is 17th (2007) ... Love's Travel Stops returns as primary sponsor of the No. 38.
David Gilliland Front Row Motorsports Quicken Loans 400 Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Dale Earnhardt Jr, Steve Kinser to be Inducted into the National Motorsports Press Association Hall of Fame Class of 2021
- Eldora Speedway Will Host TWO Kings Royals Paying $175,000-To-Win In 2021
- Hendrick Motorsports saddened by tragic loss of Rowdy Harrell
- The Tradition Continues: ARCA Menards Series Returns to Talladega Superspeedway on Saturday, April 24, 2021 for Historic 59th Time
- Raphael Lessard Signs with GMS Racing Seeking Full-Time Effort