"I think Michigan has widened out quite a bit since where we first started after the repave. When we first started racing on the new surface, it was like one black groove. And if you got out of it, whether you went low or high, you were in trouble. Now it's opened up to where you can run the bottom and make moves on the bottom. And it's got a long enough straightaway that you can draft and try to make something happen. I think there's going to be a huge draft this year with this rules package."
JUST THE FACTS: Whitt has two prior Sprint Cup starts at Michigan International Speedway ... His best finish is 25th (2014) ... Speed Stick returns as primary sponsor of the No. 35 Ford ... Lionblood Clothing will join the team as an associate sponsor ... Whitt will be at the Speed Stick display in the track midway Friday 2 to 2:30 p.m. and Saturday 10:30 to 11 a.m., and at the Keloorah concert stage outside Turn 3 on Friday at 8:30pm.
Cole Whitt Front Row Motorsports Quicken Loans 400 Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Ryan Reed to Compete for GMS Racing at Darlington Raceway
- GMS Racing Camping World Trucks Darlington Preview
- South Boston Speedway, An Industry Leader in Short Track Safety, Conducts Real-World Track Services Training Class
- Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway to Host Exciting Racing Action This Weekend
- 2022 Next Gen Mustang Poised to Help Drive NASCAR Cup Series into the Future with All-New Technology