"I think Michigan has widened out quite a bit since where we first started after the repave. When we first started racing on the new surface, it was like one black groove. And if you got out of it, whether you went low or high, you were in trouble. Now it's opened up to where you can run the bottom and make moves on the bottom. And it's got a long enough straightaway that you can draft and try to make something happen. I think there's going to be a huge draft this year with this rules package."
JUST THE FACTS: Whitt has two prior Sprint Cup starts at Michigan International Speedway ... His best finish is 25th (2014) ... Speed Stick returns as primary sponsor of the No. 35 Ford ... Lionblood Clothing will join the team as an associate sponsor ... Whitt will be at the Speed Stick display in the track midway Friday 2 to 2:30 p.m. and Saturday 10:30 to 11 a.m., and at the Keloorah concert stage outside Turn 3 on Friday at 8:30pm.
Cole Whitt Front Row Motorsports Quicken Loans 400 Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Tobias Dauenhauer becomes the first German to win a NASCAR race
- National Motorsports Appeals Panel Statement -- Mike Wallace
- Aric Almirola Racing Toward a Career ‘HighPoint’
- Daniel Suarez Toyota Driver Motivated To Post Solid Run for Team USA, Local Cancer Hero
- All American Speedway drivers close in on championships with round five on Saturday