"Michigan is definitely fast and it's smooth. But it's very aero-dependent. So, if you get behind a few cars, you can really struggle for grip. Clean air is just such a benefit. You can maximize all the speed that you can.
"I ran the first race there last year, and the racing groove was definitely expanding. It's not back where it was before the repave when they ran all the way up to the fence, but hopefully it's opened up enough to help get some clean air."
JUST THE FACTS: Sunday's Quicken Loans 400 will be Moffitt's second Sprint Cup start at Michigan International Speedway ... Moffitt earned his third consecutive Sunoco Rookie of the Race award last week at Pocono Raceway ... The Dockside Logistics colors return to the No. 34 Ford for the Michigan race ... Cottage Inn Pizza joins the team as an associate sponsor.
Brett Moffitt Front Row Motorsports Quicken Loans 400 Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Fun Saturday doubleheader at Kentucky Speedway featuring the NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series and ARCA Menards Series
- Cole Custer First Cup Series Start at Kentucky
- FS1 Presents Live Coverage of Five Races at Kentucky Speedway This Weekend; Knaus and Kurt Busch Take Turns in FS1 NXS Booth
- MOWA Sprints To Open Season July 17/18 With Lincoln/Macon Doubleheader
- Kyle Busch Bluegrass Best