"Michigan is definitely fast and it's smooth. But it's very aero-dependent. So, if you get behind a few cars, you can really struggle for grip. Clean air is just such a benefit. You can maximize all the speed that you can.
"I ran the first race there last year, and the racing groove was definitely expanding. It's not back where it was before the repave when they ran all the way up to the fence, but hopefully it's opened up enough to help get some clean air."
JUST THE FACTS: Sunday's Quicken Loans 400 will be Moffitt's second Sprint Cup start at Michigan International Speedway ... Moffitt earned his third consecutive Sunoco Rookie of the Race award last week at Pocono Raceway ... The Dockside Logistics colors return to the No. 34 Ford for the Michigan race ... Cottage Inn Pizza joins the team as an associate sponsor.
Brett Moffitt Front Row Motorsports Quicken Loans 400 Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Statement from NASCAR on Michael Jordan, Denny Hamlin and Bubba Wallace teaming up in 2021
- Statement from Bob Germain on the Future of Germain Racing
- Jordan and Hamlin Form New NASCAR Team
- Promoter sad to see Perris Auto Speedway oval nationals canceled
- Clint Bowyer Las Vegas Agenda Includes Winning Race, Curing Cancer