"These cars are tough on a weekly basis when you go to a symmetrical race track, and Turns 1 and 2 are very similar to 3 and 4. But when you go to Pocono, it's three times harder because you have three separate corners. You're not going to get the car driving great in all of them. You're just not. That presents its own challenge on where to sacrifice and where to make up the speed. We always go for Turn 3 because that big, long, front straightaway is where you can make up the most time. It's unique, it's fun and we look forward to it."
JUST THE FACTS: Gilliland has 16 Sprint Cup starts at Pocono Raceway ... He has two top-20 finishes at the "Tricky Triangle" ... His best finish at Pocono is 16th (2008) ... MDS Transport returns as primary sponsor of the No. 38.
David Gilliland Front Row Motorsports Axalta 400 Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Factors to Consider When Choosing a VPN to Watch NASCAR
- NWES Season to culminate with historical Super Speedweek at Valencia
- After frustrating 2020 season Phillips is looking forward to 2021 season at South Boston Speedway
- Dale Earnhardt Jr, Steve Kinser to be Inducted into the National Motorsports Press Association Hall of Fame Class of 2021
- Eldora Speedway Will Host TWO Kings Royals Paying $175,000-To-Win In 2021