"Six hundred miles doesn't sound like a whole lot more than 500, but it is. It makes a difference. You know you've run 600 miles when you get done. But we're looking forward to it. The track changes a lot from the start of the race to the end of the race. It's very important to keep up with the track and keep making the right changes.
"We're proud to have 'The Unknown Soldier' on the windshield of our Love's Ford. Our hauler driver, 'Wahoo,' lost a lot of brothers during his time in the Marines, so this was his idea. This is for those heroes as well as any other fallen hero who doesn't get to come home or comes home unidentified. We pay tribute to all of them."
JUST THE FACTS: Gilliland has 17 Sprint Cup starts at Charlotte Motor Speedway ... His best finish is 20th (2013) ... Love's Travel Stops returns as primary sponsor of the No. 38 at the 1.5-mile oval ... The Love's Ford will feature a camouflage paint scheme for the holiday weekend with the message "We Love Our Troops" ... The No. 38 will also carry the name of "The Unknown Soldier" on the windshield, memorializing all servicemen and women who died in action and were never identified or never returned to a final resting place back home.
David Gilliland: Front Row Motorsports Coca-Cola 600 Race Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Tobias Dauenhauer becomes the first German to win a NASCAR race
- National Motorsports Appeals Panel Statement -- Mike Wallace
- Aric Almirola Racing Toward a Career ‘HighPoint’
- Daniel Suarez Toyota Driver Motivated To Post Solid Run for Team USA, Local Cancer Hero
- All American Speedway drivers close in on championships with round five on Saturday