"Five hundred miles is already a long time, so I don't know that 600 is that much of a difference. By the time we get to 300 miles, you are what you are. No matter where you are on the track, you're fighting for position at that point. And I think the guys at 25th on back are racing harder than the guys up front.
"It means a lot to be able to have Capt. Bartley's name on the windshield of our Speed Stick Ford. Kurt Bartley works here at the shop and he and I have become friends, so I'm proud to have that personal connection on our race car. Kurt was in the military himself, and I know this tribute makes him very proud. Capt. Bartley was killed serving his country, and there's no service or sacrifice greater than that."
JUST THE FACTS: Whitt has four Sprint Cup career starts at Charlotte Motor Speedway ... His best finish is 27th (2014) ... Speed Stick returns as primary sponsor of the No. 35 Ford ... The windshield decal of the No. 35 will memorialize Capt. John Bartley, uncle of Front Row Motorsports mechanic Kurt Bartley.
Cole Whitt: Front Row Motorsports Coca-Cola 600 Race Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- With Win Borst Continues to Impress as One of New Late Model Frontrunners at South Boston Speedway
- No. 10 Smithfield/Weis Ford Racing: Aric Almirola Dover 1 Advance
- Entenmann’s® Donuts, JTG Daugherty Racing Celebrate Father Figures with the “EntenMAN of the Year Father’s Day Contest”
- 2021 EuroNASCAR entry list: 30 cars and 50 drivers ready to rock at Valencia
- Young’s Motorsports adds Connor Mosack to ARCA lineup