"Five hundred miles is already a long time, so I don't know that 600 is that much of a difference. By the time we get to 300 miles, you are what you are. No matter where you are on the track, you're fighting for position at that point. And I think the guys at 25th on back are racing harder than the guys up front.
"It means a lot to be able to have Capt. Bartley's name on the windshield of our Speed Stick Ford. Kurt Bartley works here at the shop and he and I have become friends, so I'm proud to have that personal connection on our race car. Kurt was in the military himself, and I know this tribute makes him very proud. Capt. Bartley was killed serving his country, and there's no service or sacrifice greater than that."
JUST THE FACTS: Whitt has four Sprint Cup career starts at Charlotte Motor Speedway ... His best finish is 27th (2014) ... Speed Stick returns as primary sponsor of the No. 35 Ford ... The windshield decal of the No. 35 will memorialize Capt. John Bartley, uncle of Front Row Motorsports mechanic Kurt Bartley.
Cole Whitt: Front Row Motorsports Coca-Cola 600 Race Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Inaugural MRO "Ride From The Rock" benefiting MRO and USO Delaware "Dignified Transfer" Services
- CARS Tour Press Release: $30,000To Win Old North State Nationals to be Held at Greenville-PickensSpeedway October 24-25th
- South Point 400 starting lineup at Las Vegas Motor Speedway
- Alsco 300 starting lineup at Las Vegas Motor Speedway
- World of Westgate 200 starting lineup at Las Vegas Motor Speedway