"The Showdown is a big race for us. Obviously, we want to make it into the All-Star Race. But it's just as much a test for us, too, for the Coke 600. Making the All-Star Race would be great for us and great for our sponsor, Love's Travel Stops, but the Showdown is an important and valuable race even if we don't transfer over. The 600 is the longest race of our season, and we want to try to learn all we can for that."
JUST THE FACTS: Friday will mark Gilliland's ninth start in the Sprint Showdown ... His best finish in the Sprint All-Star Race qualifier is seventh (2008 and 2011) ... Love's Travel Stops returns as primary sponsor of the No. 38 Ford.
David Gilliland Front Row Motorsports Sprint Showdown Race Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Brett Moffitt to Compete Full Time for Niece Motorsports in 2021
- 2021 DAYTONA 500 to Have Limited Fan Capacity; The Tradition, Pageantry, Excitement and Drama Continues on Sunday, Feb. 14
- Biohaven’s Nurtec™ ODT Partners with the Rick Ware Racing Team in the 2021 NASCAR Cup Series
- Josh Williams Is 3rd-Quarter NMPA Pocono Spirit Award Winner
- Haas F1 Team Statement Romain Grosjean – Update