"We want to go for it because it's an opportunity for us to shine with some of the bigger names not out there. But at the same time, we don't want to tear anything up. We'd like to use the same car for the Coke 600 next week. So we want to get a good test in, maybe try something that we've been thinking about or been on the fence about, and see if we can make the car just a little bit better for the 600. We'll be smart about it. But if the opportunity presents itself, we'll definitely go for it."
JUST THE FACTS: Whitt has one previous start in the non-points Sprint Showdown, which is the qualifying race for the Sprint All-Star Race ... He finished 12th in the 2014 Showdown... Speed Stick returns to the No. 35 as primary sponsor.
Cole Whitt Front Row Motorsports Sprint Showdown Race Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Bristol Motor Speedway unveils Jimmie Johnson 5k walking trail
- DJ Netto earns second Ocean Sprints win of 2020 on Friday in Watsonville
- Kevin Hirthler wins Freedom 38 sportsman race at Grandview, record field of entries
- Will Krup Wins Hope for Harlie Night 1 at Cedar Ridge Speedway
- Mark Smith Untouchable On Night 2 Of The Hockett/McMillin Memorial