"Kansas is still extremely fast. It's one of those tracks that feels really fast and feels like it doesn't have enough banking to be going that fast. Last year we had a huge wreck there with Justin Allgaier and A.J. Allmendinger. That was probably one of the hardest hits I've ever had.
"But we're looking forward to going back. I feel like we've made some traction on the mile-and-a-halfs and hopefully it will transfer over and we'll have some good speed there."
JUST THE FACTS: Gilliland has 12 Sprint Cup starts at Kansas Speedway ... His best finish is 22nd (2006, 2008) ... MDS Transport returns as primary sponsor of the No. 38 at the 1.5-mile oval.
David Gilliland Front Row Motorsports SpongeBob SquarePants 400 Race Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- New Bristol Dirt Nationals event added to prep Bristol Motor Speedway's dirt track
- Four in a row: Vittorio Ghirelli sweeps the NASCAR GP Spain
- Buddy the Elf to grace worlds largest HDTV to benefit SCC-TX and CoServ
- A rollercoaster of events: Lasse Soerensen wins at Circuit Ricardo Tormo
- Chip Ganassi Racing Comes to Skillz to Launch First Ever Mobile Game for a NASCAR or INDYCAR Team