"Kansas is still extremely fast. It's one of those tracks that feels really fast and feels like it doesn't have enough banking to be going that fast. Last year we had a huge wreck there with Justin Allgaier and A.J. Allmendinger. That was probably one of the hardest hits I've ever had.
"But we're looking forward to going back. I feel like we've made some traction on the mile-and-a-halfs and hopefully it will transfer over and we'll have some good speed there."
JUST THE FACTS: Gilliland has 12 Sprint Cup starts at Kansas Speedway ... His best finish is 22nd (2006, 2008) ... MDS Transport returns as primary sponsor of the No. 38 at the 1.5-mile oval.
David Gilliland Front Row Motorsports SpongeBob SquarePants 400 Race Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- North-South Shootout Moves To Caraway Speedway Due To Pandemic
- Take a Spin Around the Speedway to Support the American Cancer Society
- AM Racing, Austin Wayne Self ready to roll the dice again at Las Vegas Motor Speedway
- NASCAR Whelen Modified tour race at South Boston Speedway will not be rescheduled
- Gus Dean hopes to rekindle Memphis winning ways