"Kansas is still extremely fast. It's one of those tracks that feels really fast and feels like it doesn't have enough banking to be going that fast. Last year we had a huge wreck there with Justin Allgaier and A.J. Allmendinger. That was probably one of the hardest hits I've ever had.
"But we're looking forward to going back. I feel like we've made some traction on the mile-and-a-halfs and hopefully it will transfer over and we'll have some good speed there."
JUST THE FACTS: Gilliland has 12 Sprint Cup starts at Kansas Speedway ... His best finish is 22nd (2006, 2008) ... MDS Transport returns as primary sponsor of the No. 38 at the 1.5-mile oval.
David Gilliland Front Row Motorsports SpongeBob SquarePants 400 Race Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Sean Verwys looking to build on solid rookie Modified year.will run Mahoning Valley Speedway Hall of Fame Series and Race of Champions Tour in 2021
- Star brite Returns With Williams For Homestead Xfinity Race
- 2022 Chili Bowl Ticket Orders Begin March 3, 2021
- Max Gutiérrez leads ARCA Menards Series East charge to Five Flags
- Students from SLAM Miami Charter School, Created by Pitbull, to Perform National Anthem for Contender Boats 250 at Homestead-Miami Speedway