"I'm excited to be back at Front Row Motorsports and back in the car. Sitting on my couch was not very fun last weekend, so I'm excited about going to Kansas. The biggest thing for me is just getting more experience, and this week will be my first time ever on the track at Kansas. It's close to home for me, so I went to a few races there growing up, but I've never actually ran on the surface. We were pretty good at Vegas, so if it's anything like Vegas, we'll be good there as well.
"We'll be going to Lakeside Speedway with the Steve King Foundation on Thursday night, and the foundation will be on the car on Saturday for the race. It's a really great cause, helping to look out for the dirt racing community. That's what I grew up doing, so it really hits close to home. I'm looking forward to getting out there and enjoying some short-track dirt racing."
JUST THE FACTS: Saturday night's SpongeBob SquarePants 400 will be Moffitt's first appearance at Kansas Speedway ... The race will be the 22-year-old's third race with Front Row Motorsports this season ... The No. 34 team will carry a decal promoting the Steve King Foundation, named after a Kansas sprint car driver who died in a racing accident in 2006 ... The foundation comes to the aid of community racing families in need ... Moffitt will sign autographs at the Steve King Foundation trailer at Lakeside Speedway on Thursday from 7 to 8 p.m.
Brett Moffitt Front Row Motorsports SpongeBob SquarePants 400 Race Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Dixon Climbs to Top of Speed Chart as 'Fast Friday' Looms Large at Indy
- AdventHealth Daytona Beach honored in NASCAR hauler salute to healthcare heroes Powered by Verizon
- AM Racing, Austin Wayne Self ready to tackle Daytona Road Course
- Rimrock Companies joins GFR as an associate sponsor at Daytona Road Course
- Temecula Road to Perform National Anthem for UNOH 188 at Daytona International Speedway on Saturday, Aug. 15