"There's a little more added pressure being that the 34 car won there. I don't know if that makes it easier or like there's more on you. The cars have obviously been strong there to be able to get a win. Knowing that we'll have good equipment and have a chance to win will make it a fun one. At a superspeedway, a lot of things can happen. Both to the bad side and to the good side. So that could be a surprising one.
"There's always some stress and worry involved with plate racing, but we usually seem to come out of it pretty decent. I've always had a pretty good race car when we go to those places. With a good race car, good strategy and good pit calls, we can get our CSX 'Play It Safe" Ford up front and stay up there."
JUST THE FACTS: Sunday's race will be Buescher's first Sprint Cup start at Talladega Superspeedway ... Buescher has one XFINITY Series start at the 2.66-mile oval, a second-place finish last May ... CSX returns to the No. 34 Ford with its "Play It Safe" railroad-safety message.
Chris Buescher Front Row Motorsports GEICO 500 Race Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Local dirt racing scene in eat Tennessee and Southwest Virginia provides fun for fans, opportunities for drivers
- South Boston Speedway launches new online ticket purchase system
- Sunday grandstand tickets sold out for Atlanta's March NASCAR weekend
- Hammes grabs Open 500 victory in round three of Stockton Challenge
- MAVTV Announces LIVE Broadcast Schedule for 2021