"Bristol is always challenging because it's really easy to lose your cool there. It can test your patience. Especially when you're all running single-file, and you come up on a car that's a little slower than you but you can't do anything with him. I've learned a lot since my first couples races there, so I'll go there with more confidence than I did last year. A lot can happen in 500 laps, so you just have to run your own race.
"We've got Tweaker Energy Shot on board with us for Bristol. It's their Sprint Cup debut, so we'll work hard to get a good showing for them. Five-hundred laps at Bristol can be a long day, so fans need to make sure they grab a Tweaker Energy Shot before the race."
JUST THE FACTS: Whitt has two Sprint Cup career starts at Bristol Motor Speedway ... His top Sprint Cup finish at the .533-mile oval is 30th (2014) ... Whitt has three XFINITY Series starts at Bristol: one top-10, two top-15 and three top-20 finishes ... Tweaker Energy Shot makes its Sprint Cup debut as primary sponsor of the No. 35 Ford ... Whitt will sign autographs at Food City Race Night on Thursday from 6 to 8 p.m. in Knoxville and Friday from 7 to 8 p.m. at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Cole Whitt Front Row Motorsports Food City 500 Race Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Telford finalizes 2021 schedule to include summer of racing at Slinger Speedway
- Rueschenbern opens 2021 chase for the Now600 Championship this weekend in Meeker OK
- "Journey of the Fan" Experience Takes Guests through Safety Protocols Ahead of Pennzoil 400 Presented by Jiffy Lube Race Weekend
- Jeff Foxworthy to bring the laughs to AMS pre-race March 21
- ESI Equipment Inc., Holmatro Rescue Tools Partnering With South Boston Speedway In 2021