"California is always a favorite stop for me because it's home. We have so many family and friends still in the area who were so good to us when we were just getting started. We try to see everybody when we go back and show our gratitude for everything they did for me and my family. There's always a Gilliland cheering section at Fontana.
"We've had a pretty good start to our season, but Fontana is its own animal. It's a two-mile track and it's really bumpy, which can be challenging. Qualifying is going to be really important on Friday. We're going to want to have a good starting spot on Sunday because the field tends to get pretty strung out and passing can be difficult there. So, we'll look to get our Love's Travel Stops Ford as fast as possible on Friday, and then get it handling well on Saturday in race trim."
JUST THE FACTS: Gilliland has 13 Sprint Cup starts at Auto Club Speedway ... His best finish is 17th (2008) ... The two-mile oval was the scene of his Front Row Motorsports debut in 2010 ... Love's Travel Stops returns as primary sponsor of the No. 38 at Gilliland's home track ... The 38-year-old driver is from nearby Riverside, Calif.
David Gilliland Front Row Motorsports Auto Club 400 Race Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- MLB, NASCAR, And NHRA Sign On To Partner With Marcus Lemonis' Plating Change Program In Support Of Local Restaurants And People In Need
- Gift of Lights returns to TMS with already COVID-19 friendly drive-thru experience
- Newman Featured in MotorTrend Season Documentary
- Ryan Truex Joins Niece Motorsports Full Time in 2021
- Black Friday sale specials for Texas Motor Speedway 25th Anniversary