Alex Bowman to Drive for Tommy Baldwin Racing
Tommy Baldwin Racing has announced that Alex Bowman will drive the team's No. 7 Chevrolet SS in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series for the 2015 season. 21-year-old Bowman just completed his rookie season in the series with a notable 13th place finish at Daytona International Speedway.
If you are engaged in numerology, Bowman's new job should be destined for success. In addition to driving the No. 7, the native of Tucson, AZ, began racing at the age of seven. Progressing through the ranks, Bowman moved to full-bodied stock cars when he turned 17 years old. Making his NASCAR debut in 2012, Bowman has been at the forefront of NASCAR's youth movement since his arrival.
With NASCAR's youth movement in full swing, Bowman will join an elite group of young talent in the 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season.
"Alex is the future of TBR, and he will be a great representative of our team," said owner Tommy Baldwin Jr. "He is a young driver who displayed a great talent in both the XFINITY and Sprint Cup Series the past few years. We are pleased to give Alex the opportunity to further showcase his skills behind the wheel of the No. 7 Chevrolet this season."
"I'm looking forward to working with TBR and the entire No. 7 team," said Bowman. "With Tommy's experience and his drive to run competitively, I feel like we can run well this year."
Further details on the 2015 season will continue to be announced over the next seven days as #TBR7in7 continues.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Nick Hoffman, Mike McKinney Detail Friendship as Summit Modified Competitors
- Eckes Finishes Second for Third Time Across Last Four Races
- Henry Ford Health System 200 results from Michigan International Speedway
- A Decade of Great Moments: NASCAR’s Top Series Wrote History on the Daytona Beach-Road Course from 1949-58 Before Moving to Superspeedway
- All-Electric Mustang Mach-E 1400 to Star in this Weekend’s NASCAR Cup Series Broadcast