Toyota will be honored today with the 2014 NASCAR® Marketing Achievement Award at the NASCAR NMPA Myers Brothers Awards Luncheon held in the Encore Ballroom at Wynn Las Vegas.
An official partner since 2004, Toyota joins Coca-Cola as the only multiple-time winner of the award. Utilizing an integrated marketing approach, Toyota has engaged fans, customers and employees across every facet of the NASCAR industry, including intellectual property, promotions, B2B, online, broadcast, at track, event marketing, and social media.
“Toyota is a world class marketer that consistently demonstrates how to effectively leverage its strong brand across all NASCAR platforms to drive measurable performance both on and off the track, said NASCAR Chief Operating Officer Brent Dewar. “Celebrating its tenth year in the sport, Toyota is a true partner to NASCAR at all levels.”
This year, Toyota played a vital role in advancing core NASCAR initiatives including engaging fans across digital platforms, heavily investing in creative and media to connect with fans, developing activation geared towards reaching diverse audiences, and leading the way in promoting the new Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup™ format.
“Toyota is honored to receive the NASCAR Marketing Achievement Award for the second time in only four years,” said Ed Laukes, vice president of marketing, performance and guest experience for Toyota. “Our commitment to NASCAR, both on the race track and to our fans and consumers, has grown each and every year since we formed our partnership in 2004. Our continued development of new initiatives to engage the fans and help enhance their experience is paramount. We thank NASCAR for its continued support, and look forward to introducing everyone to the 2015 Camry along with other initiatives when we get to Daytona in February.”
Key Toyota integrated marketing highlights that reached NASCAR stakeholders this year include:
· Partnered to help launch the Air Titan 2.0, NASCAR’s innovative track drying system, which is pulled by Toyota Tundra trucks
· Supported The NASCAR Foundation by contributing a Toyota Camry to the 2014 Betty Jane France Award winner
· Became the first founding partner of the Daytona Rising Project
· Introduced its NASCAR Sprint Cup Series™, 2015 Camry race car in unison with its Camry production cars’ arrival in the showroom
· Executed four race entitlements across three tracks and major at-track presence, activating at 32 tracks
· Prominently featured NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers Clint Bowyer and Matt Kenseth in national TV creative
· Continued support of NASCAR multi-cultural marketing efforts, including; integration with NASCAR Te Mueve Hispanic marketing platform, entitling the NASCAR Mexico Toyota Series Toyota 120 at Phoenix International Raceway, sponsoring NASCAR Drive for Diversity and Rev Racing drivers Darrell Wallace, Jr., German Quiroga and Daniel Suarez
· First Official Partner to support and integrate into the new NASCAR Chase Grid™ digital game platform
· Sponsored the new interactive Chase fan event in Chicago, Chase Grid Live Sponsored by Toyota and Sprint
· Built cultural relevance in NASCAR by using its “Made in America” core message to establish the company as an American carmaker, and supported our nation’s military and their families through its backing of Hiring Our Heroes and NASCAR – An American Salute initiatives
Other previous winners of the NASCAR Marketing Achievement Award include: Mars, Incorporated; ESPN; FOX / TNT / NBC; Nationwide Insurance; and Sprint.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion’s Week™ will culminate with the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards™, where this year’s Chase drivers will be recognized for their accomplishments on stage before a star-studded audience comprised of teams, owners, celebrities and fans. FOX Sports 1 will provide coverage of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards beginning at 9 p.m. ET. Motor Racing Network and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio will begin coverage at 8 p.m. ET.