No. 33 Ruud Chevrolet News and Notes
- Racing with Ruud... Cale Gale will race with the Ruud colors on the No. 33 Chevrolet this weekend at Texas Motor Speedway. Known for its reliability, which will be showcased on the truck with the tagline "Rely on Ruud," Ruud is a major quality brand of Rheem that produces products in the heating, cooling and water heating categories. It is the same design that Gale competed with at Atlanta Motor Speedway earlier this season. Additionally, this is the final "special" paint scheme for the No. 33 Eddie Sharp Racing (ESR) team this season as Gale's Silverado will return to its traditional red and black colors to finish out the year.
- Taking on Texas... Cale Gale will make his third NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) start at Texas Motor Speedway on Friday, Nov. 2. Earlier this season, Gale rolled off 16th at the 1.5-mile track after rain cancelled qualifying and altered the practice schedule. With flawless pit stops, solid restarts and a good strategy, the No. 33 ESR team raced to an eighth-place finish. In Nov. 2008, Gale started the race on the outside front row, narrowly missing the pole by just one one-thousandth of a second.
- Meet Cale Gale...Cale Gale, driver of the No. 33 Ruud Chevrolet Silverado, will make an appearance with his ESR teammates Justin Lofton and Max Gresham on Friday afternoon at the Chevy Stage. Located in the midway, fans are invited to meet the ESR driver lineup at 3:50 p.m. Central time. The drivers will participate in a brief Q&A session before signing autographs and taking photos with fans.
- Battling for Points... With just three races remaining in the 2012 NCWTS' season, Cale Gale is currently ranked inside the top 15 of both the championship driver and owner point standings. Gale, who has scored six top-10 finishes this season, is ranked 13th in driver points and 15th in owner points. Currently second in the Rookie of the Year points, Gale is chasing leader Ty Dillon.
- Most Popular Driver... Voting is open for the NCWTS Most Popular Driver Award. Visit nascar.com/ncwtsmpd and vote for Cale Gale today and every day through Nov. 16, 2012. New to this year's campaign, two lucky fans and their guests will win an all-expense paid trip to the 2012 Nationwide Series and Camping World Truck Series Awards banquet at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel by registering for the Most Popular Driver sweepstakes after placing their vote.
- Follow Cale... Follow Cale Gale, driver of the No. 33 Ruud Chevrolet Silverado, on twitter (@CaleGale) and Facebook (facebook.com/CaleGale), and check out CaleGale.com for the latest news and updates.
- Get the Inside Scoop... Follow Eddie Sharp Racing on twitter or become a fan on Facebook to get real-time updates and behind-the-scenes information: @TeamESR or facebook.com/teamesr.
- Watch and Listen... Down to the final three races of the 2012 season, the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series returns to Texas Motor Speedway to battle under the lights on Friday, Nov. 2. Gear up for the action with a broadcast of qualifying from the 1.5-mile oval on Friday afternoon at 3 p.m. Eastern time on SPEED. Live coverage of the WinStar World Casino 350 will follow on SPEED, MRN Radio and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio at 7:30 p.m. ET.
From the Driver's Seat Cale Gale Quotes... On getting back to Texas Motor Speedway: "I'm really excited to get back to Texas Motor Speedway with our No. 33 Ruud Chevrolet this weekend. We ran really well there in the spring, and I'm excited to get on track with a special paint scheme and show off the Ruud brand. We're taking the same truck that we raced at Las Vegas Motor Speedway a few weeks ago-it's fast, and out of all the trucks we have, this one is one of my favorites. The No. 33 team did a great job on pit road during the spring race and Jerry [Baxter] did a great job coming up with a strategy. Since then, I feel like we've come a long way as a team and hopefully we will all be able to do an even better job."
On what makes Texas special: "I always look forward to racing at Texas Motor Speedway. It's a fast mile-and-a-half track, and it's a lot of fun to race there. More importantly, it's a track that's close to my family and I look forward to racing in front of them. My mom grew up in Texas and most of her family still lives there, including my grandmother and several aunts and uncles. When I was a kid I would spend several weeks over the summer visiting family in Texas-we would go sightseeing and to games for the Dallas Cowboys, the Dallas Mavericks and the Texas Rangers. I have a lot of good memories in Texas; hopefully I can make a couple more this weekend with our No. 33 Ruud Chevrolet."
From the Pit Box Jerry Baxter Quotes... On getting ready to race at Texas Motor Speedway: "We had a good race with the No. 33 Ruud Chevrolet at Texas Motor Speedway this past spring. We had a fast truck that we could adjust as the track conditions changed, and we benefitted from a solid pit strategy. Going into the race this weekend, I feel like Cale has improved on the bigger tracks and I've learned more about working on the trucks. That being said, I think we'll have an even better truck this weekend than we had for the June race. I'm really excited to see what we're able to do with the Ruud Chevrolet this coming weekend and throughout the rest of the season."