Mike Wallace is hoping to continue his successful runs at Kentucky Speedway this weekend in the No. 01 G&K Services Chevrolet for JD Motorsports. His teammate, Danny Efland, will return to action in the No. 4Tradebank Chevrolet for Friday night’s NASCAR Nationwide Series race at the1.5-mile oval.
Friday night action is always a highlight for drivers and fans alike. Having it in the racing-rich country of the Bluegrass State heightens the level just a bit more for everyone.
The No. 01 team, led by Newt Moore, has enjoyed some solid runs lately and is hoping to continue that roll. Efland will be adding another start to his resume in the No. 4 Tradebank Chevrolet as he continues the upward curve of his learning experience.
Mike Wallace Notes:
· This will be Wallace’s 431stcareer NNS start and 15th of the 2012 season
· To date, the St. Louis native has earned seven top-20 finishes this year.
· The last four have taken place consecutively
· He’s completed 2,376 of 2,518 (94.4 percent)laps contested
· Wallace has led four races this season
· Currently 13th in Driver’s Points, he trails 12th by only nine points
· His achievements in eight previous starts at Kentucky include two top-five and two top-10 finishes.
· He’s completed 1,534 of 1600 laps contested(95.9 percent) and led two races
· His best start and finish took place in the 2008event when he took the green in 16th and the checkers in third
Mike Wallace Quotes
“This team has been on a solid run lately and we’ve been enjoying the results of our hard work. Newt and the team have been working really hard on our No. 01Chevrolets and it’s starting to show on the race track more and more each week.
“I love Kentucky and the way that it races or, maybe it’s the way I race there that I like so much. Either way, this has always been a good track for me in the past. We’ve been working on our handling and this is one track you’re going to need the practices to get dialed in just right.”
“We’re racing under the lights on a Friday night. The fans there are great, they love to see their NASCAR racing and we’re looking forward to putting on a great show for them.”
“On Saturday morning, I’ll be at the NASCAR Hall of Fame with three other drivers making an appearance from 11 a.m. to Noon doing some autographs and taking part in a Q&A. So, come on out, see the Hall and say hello.”
JD Motorsports PR