NASCAR's all-star weekend is upon us. A festival of speed and excitement at the Charlotte Motor Speedway, teams not qualified into the All-Star Race are attempting to race their way in through the Sprint Showdown. The BK Racing teams will compete in the Showdown and will start as follows:
Sixth - Landon Cassill, No. 83 Burger King/Dr Pepper Toyota (28.620 seconds)
Ninth - Travis Kvapil, No. 93 Burger King/Dr Pepper Toyota (28.727 seconds)
• Twenty-two cars took to the 1.5-mile track to determine their starting position for the Showdown. AJ Allmendinger won the pole and will start inside Martin Truex Jr.
• Both BK Racing entries will start inside the top-10. The top two finishers of the Showdown, and a driver with the most fan votes, will transfer into the All-Star race
• The Sprint Showdown consists of 40 laps broken into two 20-lap segments
• The Sprint Showdown begins Saturday, May 19 at 7:00 p.m. ET and will broadcast live on SPEED, MRN Radio and SIRIUS/XM NASCAR Radio
Cassill's Thoughts on Qualifying: "I think our team is right there. We want to put our Burger King/Dr Pepper Toyota into the All-Star race and we have a good chance. That says a lot about this team. Our ownership group, supporters and fans have really made this possible. We are just a few spots away from being an All-Star team. That's what we're going for tomorrow night."
Kvapil's Thoughts on Qualifying: "We have both our cars in a position to be into the All-Star race. That's cool. Our car is fast and I think we have just as good of a chance than anyone else. We just need to race hard and do our job. It's pretty impressive that a new team like ours has come this far and to be in this position. I'm proud to be here with this team."
BK Racing PR
BK Racing All-Star Weekend Qualifying ReportWritten by Steven B. Wilson
Published in Sprint Cup Series NewsFriday, 18 May 2012 20:00
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Jimmie Johnson Foundation and Blue Bunny Ice Cream Announce $25,000 Grant Opportunities
- Cassill to drive No 40 Brakleen Chevrolet at Bristol
- Jeff Gordon visits Darlington Raceway to promote Bojangles Southern 500
- Kenseth Hoping Recent Martinsville Success Leads To Solid STP 500 Finish
- The Great Gonzo Adds Grand Marshal to an Already Impressive Resume