The wait is finally over!
Starting today, tickets for Darlington Raceway’s NASCAR Nationwide Series 200 and NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Bojangles’ Southern 500 on May 10-11, 2013, are on sale to the public.
“It was great to see Jimmie Johnson win the 2012 Bojangles’ Southern 500 which earned team owner Rick Hendrick his 200th career cup victory. When you add in the Kurt Busch and Ryan Newman feud on pit road after the race, racing at Darlington has never been more exciting,” Darlington Raceway President Chris Browning said. “With all the thrill from this year’s event, combined with our more than 63 years of racing tradition, Darlington packs the stands each year. We would like to encourage fans to purchase early so they don’t miss out on their favorite seats and all the racing excitement.”
Darlington will continue to offer great pricing for all of its events in 2013 with adult tickets to the Bojangles’ Southern 500 starting at just $35. The track Too Tough to Tame will also continue its youth and military ticket programs with details listed below:
- · Youth Tickets– Darlington Raceway will continue to offer tickets for our fans age 12 and under at half-price in all reserved grandstands at each of our NASCAR events in 2013. Youth 12 and under are admitted FREE in Wallace Grandstand for the NASCAR Nationwide Series 200 (wristband required).
- · Military Tickets – Military members with an active duty or retired military ID will pay just half-price for grandstand seating at all Darlington events. During the Bojangles’ Southern 500 pre-race ceremonies, military members will be encouraged to stand so that they can be honored and recognized by Darlington Raceway.
Also on sale are two all-inclusive hospitality options, the Darlington Stripe Zone (Bojangles’ Southern 500 race day) and T4 Zone (NASCAR Nationwide Series 200 race day). Each hospitality package will give fans a VIP experience when they visit Darlington.
- · Darlington Stripe Zone –Passes to the Darlington Stripe Zone include admission to the DSZ tent from 2-7 p.m., pre-race COLD pit pass (no garage access), a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver appearance, full meal and snacks, unlimited soda and water, 4 beer coupons for guests 21 years of age and older with a valid ID, a Darlington-branded gift, souvenir program and live entertainment. Cost: $140 plus the cost of your grandstand ticket.
- · T4 Zone – Each T4 Zone package includes admission to the T4 Zone tent from 2-7 p.m. on Friday, limited pre-race COLD pit pass (no garage access), full meal and snacks, unlimited soda and water, 2 beer coupons for guests 21 years of age and older with a valid ID, Darlington-branded gift and souvenir program. Cost: $75 each plus the cost of your grandstand ticket.
Fans that would like to camp during the Bojangles’ Southern 500 weekend can purchase a tent or RV site in one of Darlington’s seven campgrounds listed below:
- · Geico Caveman Tent Campground – Located behind the raceway’s Credential building, sites are 15’ x 30’ and are $75 each.
- · Pearson Blvd. RV – Sites in the Pearson Blvd. RV area are located adjacent to Pearson Tower just off of Turn 4. These sites measure 20’ x 50’ and are $100 each.
- · Petty Blvd. RV – Located just beyond the tree line on the raceway’s frontstretch, sites in Petty Blvd. RV are 20’ x 40’ and can be purchased for $100 each.
- · Geico Grounds Green and Yellow – Within the track Too Tough To Tame’s tricky turns, the Geico Grounds Green (turn 1) and Yellow (turns 3 & 4) allow fans to get an up-close view of the track while tent camping on the infield. Each package is 90 percent and includes a 15’ x 30’ tent site and four infield admissions.
- · Geico Grounds Red – Situated between turns 3 and 4, Geico Grounds Red is an affordable infield tent camping option for race fans. Each package comes with two infield admissions as well as a 15’ x 30’ site for only $300.
- · Geico Gecko RV Park – Be in the center of all the action on race weekend with a Geico Gecko RV Park package. Located on the famed Darlington Raceway infield, each package is $500 and comes complete with a 30-amp electrical hookup, access to shower facilities, two infield admissions and a 15’ x 40’ RV site.
Additional admissions for any of the infield camping areas can be purchased for $100 each while youth 12 and under are admitted for free with an adult.
Darlington Raceway PR