JR Motorsports director of competition, Ryan Pemberton, will serve as interim crew chief for the No. 7 GoDaddy.com team and driver Danica Patrick this weekend in the NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Kentucky Speedway, general manager Kelley Earnhardt-Miller confirmed today. Earnhardt-Miller said a crew chief for the team beyond this weekend has not been determined.
JR Motorsports Names Interim Crew Chief For Kentucky RaceWritten by Press Release
Published in Nationwide Series NewsTuesday, 18 September 2012 16:22
Pemberton started at JR Motorsports this week, becoming only the second director of competition since the company opened the position in 2007. In that role, Pemberton oversees car development and personnel management for the No. 88 and No. 7 Nationwide Series teams.
Pemberton’s selection as interim crew chief for this weekend's race comes on the heels of yesterday’s announcement that Tony Eury Jr., formerly crew chief for Patrick and the No. 7 team, is no longer with the company.
Saturday’s Kentucky 300 is set for a 3:30 p.m. ET start and will be televised live on ESPN. It is race 27 of 33 on the 2012 NASCAR Nationwide Series schedule.
JR Motorsports PR
Latest from Press Release
- Video: Danica Patrick wrecks out at Phoenix
- Danica Patrick Phoenix Accident Quotes
- Goodyear Launches New Ads During Biggest Race of Season
- Phil Parsons Racing & K-Love highlight Victory Junction 10th summer at Daytona
- American Ethanol Enhances Sponsorship of Richard Childress Racing with Driver Austin Dillon in 2013