Wallace and his JD Motorsports w/Gary Keller teammate, Jeremy Clements, are looking to have a great night of racing at Richmond International Speedway in this Friday night’s NASCAR Nationwide Series.
While the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series will be battling it out for final positions in their Chase for the Championship at RIR, the NNS will be doing what they do best– race hard for points and positions. Adding to the heightened fun factor on Friday is the fact they’ll be racing under the lights.
Short track racing, Friday night hype, hard core and expressive fans with 43 drivers looking for a trophy – certainly makes a great recipe for Richmond racing.
Wallace and the No. 01 Chevrolet team will be looking to add their part to the story. After earning seven top-20 finishes in the last eight races, they’re looking to pad their stats and move up in the Driver’s Points standings.
Clements will wheel the No. 4 Chevrolet this weekend; which is his second start with the JD Motorsports w/Gary Keller team in 2012. He’s started every NNS race this year, with two different teams, and has also his sights set on earning some points.
Mike Wallace Info
- · This will be his 441st career NNS start
- · The St. Louis native is making his 25thstart of 2012
- · During that span this season, he’s completed an impressive 94 percent (3,929 of 4,176) laps contested
- · With one top-10 finish to their credit (Montreal), Wallace and team head to RIR with seven top-20 finishes in the last eight races
- · That has moved them to 12th in points trailing 11th by 23 markers
- · Friday night’s start will be the 28thfor Wallace at RIR
- · During the first 27 starts, he’s completed 5,861 of 6,661 laps (87.1 percent) contested and led a total of 28 circuits
- · He has a best start and finish of fourth, which he achieved in 1996
Jeremy Clements Info
- · This will be the Spartanburg, S.C. native’s 95th NNS start
- · He’s raced the entire 2012 season, and during his first 25 starts he’s completed 3,904 of 4,178 laps (93.1 percent) contested and led four circuits
- · Clements has two top-10 finishes
- · For RIR, this will be his fifth start at the .75-mile oval
- · In the first four, he completed 97.1 of the laps contested and earned two top-10 finishes
- · He’s currently 15th in Driver’s Points, trailing 14th by a mere seven markers
Mike Wallace Quotes
“I always look forward to racing at Richmond, especially on a Friday night. This JD Motorsports team has been putting in some solid runs lately and I want to see that continue for this race.
“The small track that RIR is, you have to be good out of Turn 2 to get down that backstretch and then through 3. As you come out of Turn 4, it’s a dog leg to get you back into Turn 1 again.
“I like the layout, it produces some great racing. We just have to be careful of other teams coming out of Turn 2 and Turn 4, keep our game plan in place and run our race
“The fans in Richmond are very much into it when NASCAR comes to town, and we – as drivers and teams – feed off their enthusiasm. I just want to get another good finish for our team and keep going forward like we have recently.”
JD Motorsports PR