While the No. 01 Chevrolet team of Mike Wallace makes their way to Circuit Gilles Villenueve for this weekend’s NASCAR Nationwide Series road course race, his teammate in Daryl Harr is looking forward to competing in his homeland of Canada.
This week’s NNS race is being held on the road course located on the shores of the St. Lawrence River in Montreal. After last week’s action at the twists and turns of Watkins Glen, the anticipation for another crowd pleaser is already building.
Harr, who hails from St. Alberta, Canada, hopes to add his personal involvement to the excitement driving the No. 4 iWorld Chevrolet for JD Motorsports w/Gary Keller.
Mike Wallace Notes
· This will be the 438th career start for the four-time race winner
· For 2012, the St. Louis native is making his22nd NNS start
· During that span, Wallace has completed3,410 of 3,652 laps (93.4 percent) of those contested and led four races
· He’s currently 14th in points trailing 13th by six markers
· This will be his sixth start at Montreal
· During the first five races, he’s completed343 of 350 laps (98 percent) contested on the road course
· His last four finishes have all been in thetop-20 at Montreal
Daryl Harr Notes
· The native of St. Alberta, Canada is making his 11th NNS start of his career
· This is his seventh start this year, and first ever at Montreal
· He’s completed 904 of 1,132 laps contested this year
Mike Wallace Quotes: “After I went home and watched the replay of our race, I couldn’t believe all the excitement I missed in the car. I see some of it on the big screens under caution, but fans certainly were entertained by our race at Watkins Glen.
“With another road course on the schedule for this weekend at Montreal, I can see why people are looking forward to our race on Saturday. The people of Montreal reallyget into us being up there at their track.
“Their excitement is contagious and we can hear them in the stands and while we ride around for intros. The course is tricky and challenging, but fun if you get your car good for the left and right turns.
“The secret to success is keeping the car on the track and in one piece. From there, you just have to pick and choose where to pass to gain positions. I’m looking forward to this weekend in the beautiful city of Montreal and a good finish for our team.”
Daryl Harr Quotes: “What can I say; I’m getting to race in my home country of Canada this weekend in Montreal. I know people are going to be watching what we do in the No. 4 iWorld Chevrolet during practice, qualifying and the race.
“So, it’s up to me and the team to give them a great show. I’m going to be trying my best to get a great finish. Once I figure out the course during the two practice sessions, I should be good to go for the race.
“Like Mike said, last week had some action at Watkins Glen. I’m expecting nothing else this week and I hope we’re part of it – on the good end, of course.”
Matt Wallace Update: Matt Wallace, son of Mike, is currently leading the ASA National Championship driving his Late Model at Lebanon I44 Speedway in Missouri. However, since he’s not leading at his home track, he isn’t eligible to obtain the National or Midwest ASA Championships. He’s closing in on first place in his track division with a handful of races remaining.
JD Motorsports PR