- This Week's Zaxby's Toyota Tundra ... John Wes Townley will pilot RAB Racing with Brack Maggard chassis No. 54 in Friday's NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Phoenix International Raceway. This chassis last saw action at Kentucky Speedway in September, where the 22-year-old driver piloted the No. 09 Toyota Tundra to a 10th-place finish.
- Townley at Phoenix ... In his only previous Camping World Truck Series start at Phoenix International Raceway, Townley recorded a 24th-place finish after being involved in an incident in the closing laps. Additionally, Townley has competed in three NASCAR Nationwide Series races at the one-mile track, posting his best finish of 23rd in November, 2009.
- Two to Go ... With just two races remaining in the 2012 season, Townley has accumulated two top-10 finishes, an average start of 19.7 and an average finish of 18.8. The 22-year-old driver has completed 2,727 of the 2,970 (91.8 percent) of the laps he has contested.
- RAB Racing in 2012... With 20 races completed in the 2012 season, RAB Racing's NASCAR Camping World Truck Series entries have recorded one top-five, three top-10 and 13 top-20 finishes with drivers Travis Kvapil and Townley.
- Get to the Points ... Townley's 16th-place finish at Texas Motor Speedway last weekend allowed him to remain steady at 15th in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series point standings.
- Your Point Is... With just two races remaining in the 2012 season, RAB Racing currently occupies the 17th position in the owner's point standings.
- Catch the Action ... The Lucas Oil 150 from Phoenix International Raceway will be televised live Friday, Nov. 9 beginning at 7:30 p.m. EST on SPEED, and broadcast live on the Motor Racing Network and SiriusXM Satellite Radio
John Wes Townley Quotes:
"I'm looking forward to racing at Phoenix this weekend. It's a very unique track, it's got characteristics of a short track and a speedway all in one. Turns 1 and 2 are very different from Turns 3 and 4, and that creates a challenge with the setup. We've only got two races left this year, and we want to make the most of them. It would certainly mean a lot to finish out the season with a couple of strong runs."
Chris Rice Quotes:
"This weekend's race at Phoenix International Raceway is going to be one where we'll practice during the day, and race at night. On top of that, as the sun is setting, it will be really tough to see getting into Turn 1. The trucks haven't run here since the track has been repaved, so it will be really fun for everyone. I'm looking forward to running chassis No. 54 again. The last time we raced it was at Kentucky Speedway in September, and we had a good run. We're hoping to build on John Wes's eighth-place qualifying effort at Texas last weekend and close this season out strong."
RAB Racing PR