- Two Weeks off in the Desert...While many competitors in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) took a weekend off, Lofton returned to his roots to compete in the BlueWater Desert Challenge with the Best in the Desert (BITD) Off-Road Racing Association in Parker, Ariz. Driving the No. 1577 Lofton Cattle / General Tire / J6INK / Jimco Racing Inc. Class 1500 Unlimited Buggy, Lofton qualified third in the field of 20, but succumbed to mechanical damage in both days of the two-day competition.
- Breast Cancer Awareness Paint Scheme... Supporting National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Lofton will be running the same pink paint scheme on the No. 6 Weekend Warriors Productions / Lofton Cattle Chevrolet Silverado that the team ran at Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway earlier this month. In what has become a common scene among professional athletes during the month of October, Lofton joins several other NCWTS drivers and teams in showing his support for the cause.
- Still Fighting for the Championship... As we enter race 19 of 22, Lofton is far from giving up on his bide for the 2012 NCWTS championship. Lofton enters Martinsville (Va.) Speedway for the sixth time in his career, ranked seventh in the standings, 86 points behind championship points leader Ty Dillon. In the spring race, Lofton finished in fourth-place.
- Follow Justin... Follow Lofton, driver of the No. 6 Weekend Warriors Productions / Lofton Cattle Chevrolet Silverado, on twitter (@jlracing) and facebook (facebook.com/jlracing), and visit loftonracing.com for the latest news and updates. Find out the latest news and updates about Lofton's business, J6INK on twitter (@j6ink) and online atwww.j6ink.com.
- Most Popular Diver... Don't forget to vote for Justin Lofton in the 2012 NCWTS Most Popular Driver Award! You can vote once per day every day by visiting www.nascar.com/ncwtsmpd through Nov. 16, 2012. Two lucky fans and their guests will win an all expense paid trip to the 2012 Nationwide Series and Camping World Truck Series Awards banquet at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel by registering for the Most Popular Driver sweepstakes after placing their vote.
- Get the Inside Scoop on ESR... Follow Eddie Sharp Racing on twitter or become a fan on facebook to get real-time updates and behind-the-scenes information: @TeamESR or facebook.com/teamesr.
- Watch and Listen...The championship battle moves to Martinsville Speedway this weekend as competitors from the NCWTS take on 200 laps at the 0.526-mile oval in the Kroger 200 on Saturday, Oct. 27. Live coverage of practice can be seen on SPEED Channel on Friday Oct. 26at 11 a.m. EDT and 2 p.m. EDT. Qualifying will air on SPEED at 10:30 a.m. EDT, with race coverage beginning at 1:30 p.m. EDT on SPEED, MRN, and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.
From the Driver's Seat
Justin Lofton Quotes... On racing at Martinsville Speedway: "Well, after two weeks off and a not so good race in the California desert, I'm looking forward to getting back to Martinsville. It's [Martinsville Speedway] a track that we ran well at back in the spring. We ran third all day, and ended up fourth. So, I hope to at least duplicate that result. I'm coming back with a great short-track truck that the guys at the shop have been working hard on all month. So, I am excited to get back to some NASCAR truck racing."
On getting towards the end of the season: "This time of year is never easy for me. I love racing, so it always feels like the end of summer to me. If I had it my way we'd race year around. I had hoped by this stage of the schedule we'd be a little higher in points, but don't count me out. I'm still running for a championship and I'm planning to give it it 110% percent for the rest of the season."
From the Pit Box
Crew Chief Eddie Troconis Quote... On racing at Martinsville Speedway: "We have had some really good trucks lately, but we have had some bad luck. The entire team is excited to get back to racing and to go back to the short track at Martinsville. We raced very well there this past spring and we have all the faith in the world in our driver."
Justin Lofton PR