Fast and Fun Facts...
- Ron Hornaday enters this weekend's NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Smith's 350 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (LVMS) as the defending race winner
- Hornaday captured his record-breaking 51st series win in the 2011 edition of the 146-lap event and will be looking to record his 52nd, taking the Joe Denette Motorsports' (JDM) No. 9 team with him
- JDM will welcome Smokey Mountain Herbal Snuff back on board the No. 9 this weekend as primary sponsor for the Smith's 350 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on Saturday
- The No. 9 JDM team will participate in the Burn-Out Bowl-Off benefiting Speedway Children's Charities on Thursday night at the South Point Hotel Casino & Spa. Hosted by fellow NCWTS driver, Brendan Gaughan, this annual event is something the entire garage looks forward to when they come to Las Vegas. The team of Hornaday's wife, Lindy, is the defending winner of this tournament. With bragging rights and a trophy on the line, Lindy looks to "cash in" Vegas style to defend the team's title.
- Don't forget to vote for Ron Hornaday as the 2012 NCWTS Most Popular driver. You can vote once per day until voting ends on November 16. To vote, please visit: NASCAR.com/ncwtsmpd
Success in Sin City...
A trip to Sin City with the NCWTS is no gamble for Hornaday as he has found no shortage of success at LVMS. In 11 starts at the 1.5-mile track, Hornaday has posted two poles and led 259 laps en route to six top-five and eight top-10 finishes, including one win at the track in 2011. The series all-time race winner has an average start of 8.5 coupled with an average finish of 7.4 and has completed 99.9 percent of laps attempted (1714 of 1715).
In The Loop...
According to NASCAR's loop data statistics, Hornaday has the following stats at LVMS:
- A driver rating of 108, ranking him fourth overall and third among active drivers
- Ranked second in laps led with 171
- First in laps in the top-15 with 913
- Fourth in green flag passes with 273
- Fourth in fastest laps run with 61
This Week's No. 9 Joe Denette Motorsports Chevrolet...
Hornaday will pilot chassis No. 6 for the sixth time this weekend. This particular JDM chassis has become a work horse for Hornaday and the No. 9 team. The defending race winner piloted this Chevrolet Silverado to a sixth-place finish at Kansas Speedway (April), a fifth-place finish at Charlotte Motor Speedway (May), a 27th-place finish at Dover International Speedway (June), a ninth-place finish at Kentucky Speedway (June) and a seventh-place finish at Chicagoland Speedway (July).
Get to the Point...
Following a 14th-place finish at Kentucky Speedway last weekend, Hornaday remains tenth in the 2012 NCWTS driver point standings heading into this weekend's event at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. He is 79 points out of fifth and 125 points behind leader, Ty Dillon.
A Penny For Your Thoughts...
"The odds are definitely against this team coming into this weekend, but I would like to consider us the dark horse. It's not a secret that we have struggled as a team this year but it takes more than just one factor to build success. This is still a young team and although it hasn't been the year we hoped for the year is not over. I still believe we can finish strong and I think Vegas is a good start. I had success here last year and it's a track I enjoy racing at. Richie (Snyder, crew chief) and all the guys are working really hard and it's just a matter of time before that hard work pays off."
Welcome Back ...
Smokey Mountain Herbal Snuff... Smokey Mountain Chew, Inc. is the World's largest non-tobacco smokeless company, and the category innovator. Smokey Mountain invented tobacco-free snuff as a nicotine-free chewing tobacco option for adult consumers as well as an aid to help people quit chewing tobacco. Smokey Mountain is dedicated to providing the best tobacco-free smokeless alternatives on the market, in the flavors that adult consumers demand. www.SmokeySnuff.com